To ahmet54: Thanks Roland - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ahmet54 2009-12-05 4:34

Hi Michael,
great picture of that extraordinary facade. I unfortunately had not have enough time to see it during my visit at Petra this year. I like the panoramic format of your picture. Also the colors are well saturated. Maybe it would be better to put the main subject not directly into the centre. TFS.
Kind regards,
Roland

Old 12-05-2009, 02:32 PM
TE Newbie

Default To ahmet54: Thanks Roland

Interesting that I seem to be following in your global footsteps. I wish I had your eye and talent with a camera though. I have another version that is composed with facade more in the right third. It is not as compelling as the shot Jane Taylor (author of the books for sale in the shops in Petra) has on her cover, with the Monastery placed more in the right 1/3. But unfortunately, I could not get up to the place where I could get the angle she had. Given the lack of panoramic shots of the Monastery in TE's Petra file, I thought maybe I would add this one to begin with and see if a different crop would be interesting to add subsequently. Finally, when you do go back and get up there you will see that there is generally not a whole lot going other than the steady flow of tourists (and donkeys with guides) that offered a compelling reason to o compose the shot differently from a straight on manner. Best, Michael