Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-23-2012, 04:49 PM
TE Expert

Hello Beverley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glint View Post
Perhaps moderators should give member in danger of having a photo deleted 24 hours or so to respond to thoise who have left comments/critques?
I have another suggestion
Why not to simply read the rules (TOS) before posting a photo?
In that case a lot of problems and questions won't arise!

PS. there's always an option to post 'the photo in question' in the Workshop!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:18 PM
TE Expert

Default Bev's Pic

Hi Bev - I was one of those who critiqued your shot which was subsequently removed. I think that this whole photo-removal thing is down to the luck-of-the-draw. Yours obviously caught someone's eye. Others posted recently and of a similar 'style' remain in place. Perhaps it is time to re-think what should be removed and what should remain as the moderators are not always consistent ... no aspersions intended here mods, the job is onerous and requires constant vigilance and after all, you are only human and so much is measured subjectively. FYI Bev, I really liked your shot. It taught me something about the power of photography and how it can be used to allow the viewer the opportunity to interact with the image by constructing a narrative and through that process relate to other people in a more creative way. I certainly learnt something useful and strange to say it was about people in our world. Have a lovely evening Rosemary
Old 09-23-2012, 09:54 PM
TE Expert

Default Construction a narrative

Thankyou Rosemary, I am pleased that you enjoyed my picture and got from it what I intended, the opportunity to construct your own narrative. I don't really want to be one of those members who goes off into a sulk because I have had a photo deleted but I do feel that TE should allow some leeway for creativity. Otherwise, the site will be mostly pretty postcard scenes.Not that there's anything wrong with those but sometimes a change is as good as a rest.Also I enjoy viewing images with a strong graphical or minimalist quality and why should I have to go over to TL to see these? I am already on FB, invited by a former TE member and have found thro' fb a way to keep up with some of those admirable photographers who have left TE.There is only so much time anyone can spend hopping from site to site without getting social networking backside! Anyway the forums are pretty moribund aren't they and so perhaps I have livened things up just a wee bit..
Old 09-23-2012, 09:59 PM
TE Expert

Default oops!

Sorry the previous title should have read "Constructing a Narrative".
Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 AM
TE Junior Member

Default My own opinion

Let me give you my own opinion on this subject.
Although I think that the moderators might close an eye in some cases, I do believe that the deleted images are a false problem. I am aware of the rules, I had some deleted images myself, and I did not complaint, because I knew they were somehow violating the rules. I thought they were interesting images, but I just accepted the fact that they were somehow not fitting with the rules that I had accepted when I joined this site. One might complain about the rules, but If we decide to accept them, that's it ! I have posted several hundreds images, and two or three of them were deleted. And I have posted with success many images that are not at all postcards. So where is the problem ?

Let me say that I am fed up with people leaving TE slamming the door because they had one deleted photo !!! They behave as they are untouchable. "How did you dare to delete a photo of mine !".

Personally I am much more concerned by the loss of quality of the images (3 or 4 years ago there were great authors, some of them totally ignored just because they did not spread around their 20 smiles every day) and the general attitude of giving feedback only to friends, neglecting the intrinsic quality of the images. This is the reason why I am getting tired of TE.
The story of the rules and the nasty moderators is totally unrelevant for me.

Best

Stefano

Last edited by smarcell; 09-28-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:32 AM
TE Expert

Default My opinion

People who take themselves seriously are comedians who make me sad.
Les gens qui se prennent au s廨ieux sont des comiques qui me rendent triste.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 AM
TE Junior Member

Default In agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcell View Post

Let me say that I am fed up with people leaving TE slamming the door because they had one deleted photo !!! They behave as they are untouchable. "How did you dare to delete a photo of mine !".

Stefano
I totally agree with this.

Jacques