To annjackman: thank you - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great annjackman 2013-02-21 9:44

Hello Stefano,
The red dress stands out wonderfully against the BG. There is also nice light on the canal and parts of the walls. I like the good balance of the composition although, for me, I would perhaps have preferred not to see the photographer. A super image with excellent sharpness and light management.
Kind Regards, Ann

Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To annjackman: thank you

Thank you Ann for your comment.
Let me tell you why I wanted to include the photographer, although I had the same doubt that you had about it.
I went to Venice with the intention of telling something about the Carnival.
I asked to myself: if I was a photographer for National Geographic (just a dream...) how would I tell people what Venice looks like during the Carnival ? How could I describe the atmosphere of the city those days ? How would photographs describe the Carnival in Venice ?
Well, the Carnival in Venice is a feast for photographers at least as much as for the masks. Any beautiful mask is surrounded by paparazzis firing like machine guns. Then in my view this picture describes Venice with its beautiful monuments, its beautiful masks, but also the untold part: the photographers that are everywhere.
Thank you again and best regards

Stefano