To jimkilgallon: Hello Jim, - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jimkilgallon 2008-11-28 14:23

Excellent Dariuz
Perfect title , perfect colours and the stillness is really good here. I hope you enjoy living in the country my parents were from, Ireland is a special place for me considering I spent a lot of my childhood visiting there.... its a shame it is 12000 miles away..... have you been to County Mayo yet?
Regards
Jim

Old 11-29-2008, 11:00 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To jimkilgallon: Hello Jim,

Yes I have been there, only once so far. But I must say I absolutely loved it, although the weather was very poor then!!! And will come back there for sure. I've been to Achill Island, Keem Bay, Trawmore Beach, deserted village. It was a summer time, but it was really chili and windy. But the views... well - breathtaking!

Thanks for your comments,
Hope to hear from you soon,

Darek
Old 11-29-2008, 07:29 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To jimkilgallon: Hello Jim,

Hi Dariusz
Yes Achill Island is beautiful, the West Coast is pretty damn amazing, my opinion is the Irish Coast is just as beautiful and natural as NZ coast. Yes the Mayo weather can really cut to the bone sometimes. My parents are from Shanaghy which is just outside of Ballina, however its not the prettiest town in Maghieo, that belongs to Westport. Next time your there you must climb Croagh Patrick to see the apparent 365 islands of Clew Bay at sunset maybe.
See ya later, have a pint of Guinness for me.
Jim