To jimkilgallon: It's not perfect but. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jimkilgallon 2009-02-10 1:05

Hello Santo
I have mixed feelings about Venice, beautiful as it is, I could not wait to get out of there to be honest, and I still don't know why to this day. Excellent composed capture, the frame is interesting all over, love the old style lamps here. Pin sharp, detail and colours first rate.
Good to see you posting regularly, I hope things get better over in Oz, sad news to what is happening.
Regards
Jim

Old 02-11-2009, 01:03 AM
TE Expert

Default To jimkilgallon: It's not perfect but.

Hello Jim, Thanks for your comments, I have heard many true, negative things about Venice, like it's dirty, smelly. dog poo everywhere, too busy, too many foreigners (joking) etc etc.
I have been there quite a few times, I know I'm biased having originally come from near there but we love it, although my wife is English & children both born here we just love walking around & soak in the atmosphere, it's not perfect & if you look for faults you will find plenty but as I said we go there partly blindfolded by my bias.
Take care
Santo
Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To jimkilgallon: It's not perfect but.

Hello Santo
It was neither of the above to be honest, although the tourists (like myself) were a pain ;-). It is beautiful don't get me wrong, so much to see and maybe that is the reason. It's not a simple place say like Florence. Again Rome, its beautiful, but God there's so much to take in. Love the Italian lakes and the Amalfi Coast, and boy Sardinia is a place I could easily retire to. You are lucky to come from such a beautiful country though Santo. I am hoping to get over soon to Melbourne for a few days (when it cools down mind you), would defo like to meet you and take some photography.
All the best
Jim
Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To jimkilgallon: It's not perfect but.

Hello Jim, It's not too hot at the moment, I think the warmest part is over but you never know it is Melbourne after all. If I find out that you have been to Melbourne & didn't make the effort to catch up I would be very disappointed & never speak to you again, I'm joking but seriously let me know when you decide to come would love to catch up, I have a spare bed & two with a push. You are most welcome.
Regards
Santo