To Porteplume: the carper thing - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Porteplume 2011-12-31 5:54

Hi Costantino,

Your note looks long enough but is not sufficient enough to cover the TOS rules about notes.
Please write a significant note in the next 48 hours, otherwise this photo will be inactivated again and you will have to re-send a Review Reply to get it back.

TE Moderation Team - Viviane

Old 12-31-2011, 01:11 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Porteplume: the carper thing

The "Carper" thing again?????
Some members get 48 hours,some not....
Great job you moderators,you do it very consequent,HAHAHA!!!!!
And what about this:
copyright
copyright
copyright
Last year my photograh of the Bangkok post newspaer was deleted for this copyrightreason.
You can read long christmas or happy new year note but you don`t see ,looking at thumbnails that there is a violation of the TOS and copyright! Well done,moderators!!!
Leo

Last edited by leo61; 12-31-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:06 PM

Default Yes?

Leo,
You should not speak about "things" you don't know everything about...
This photo has been inactivated first, then Constantino has sent a Review Reply, so I re-activated his picture - read well what I wrote here - and now he can change his note.
Jaap never sent the Review Reply and it's impossible to re-activate when there is no such request sent.

Viviane
Old 12-31-2011, 03:47 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Nu kan het dus wel.

Dat is duidelijk, het kan dus wel even een berichtje te sturen als een note niet goed is en iemand de tijd te geven om het te veranderen.
gr. jaap
Old 12-31-2011, 05:50 PM
TE Senior Member

Leo,
You should not speak about "things" you don't know everything about...

How can you know what I know and what I don`t know about what happened here?????
I can interact with members without the controll of TE.

And what about the three linked photos
Violation of the TOS,copyright?
please explain!
The TE photographers are definite not the copyright holders,of what they photographed here.
What is the differrence of photographing and uploading text and photo of a newspaper and photographing and uploading photos,photographed by somebody else??????
can you please explain why these three mentioned photos are still there.And there are so many more.
Have a nice Sylvester party,
Leo
Old 12-31-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carper View Post
Dat is duidelijk, het kan dus wel even een berichtje te sturen als een note niet goed is en iemand de tijd te geven om het te veranderen.
gr. jaap
Ja Jaap,
Maar het kan pas worden gedaan NA dat er een Review Request verzonden wordt...
Old 01-02-2012, 01:12 AM

Default Leo's misleading links

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo61 View Post
The "Carper" thing again?????
Some members get 48 hours,some not....
Great job you moderators,you do it very consequent,HAHAHA!!!!!
And what about this:
copyright
copyright
copyright
Last year my photograh of the Bangkok post newspaer was deleted for this copyrightreason.
You can read long christmas or happy new year note but you don`t see ,looking at thumbnails that there is a violation of the TOS and copyright! Well done,moderators!!!
Leo
I've had a look at the linked 'copyright' photos and I think Leo's possibly chosen poor examples. Two of them are close shots of assembled photos of victims of Pol Pot. There are so many of these on the walls (I've seen lots of other photos of these photos) that it would be hard to provide the 'context'. Second, they are most probably not subject to copyright as they were taken by the Kmer Rouge. Third, the notes are informative and in one case almost encyclopedic. I don't think these photos break the TOS.

Wolfgang's photo is obviously of a poster placed on a pole or column, and shows defacement by a graffiti vandal, defacement which turns out to be almost 'appropriate', given the subject. It's this which caught Wolfgang's eye and makes the photo legitimate, I think. Apart from the issue of copyright being highly dubious in this case, the pole and graffiti provide context.

But I haven't seen Leo's shot which was removed, so I won't comment about the possibility of inconsistency.

Last edited by macondo; 01-02-2012 at 01:18 AM.