I quit... - Page 6 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:32 PM
TE Expert

OMG I have to comment on that!

Sorry Benny but if most what you know about Poland is based on jasmis gallery then please: give this country a chance and visit it by yourself. In spite of what you may see through his deep gallery this country is beautiful and colorful and worth of visit, full of variety and life, not dark sad and depressive at all but full of smiling faces, not everybody is dirty and bad clothed. Not all streets are black and dirty neither. In fact I am learning from jasmis photos as well because he shows an image of Poland which is completely unknown to me too! And from my TE map you would think that I have seen my share of Poland...
Old 01-04-2011, 01:33 PM
TE Expert

Post TrekHeart

I totally agree with Mariusz, he explained very well many thoughts that are also mine… I will not repeat his words here, but all he said in this thread until now, is true and very reasonable.

The moderators do the best they can within the context of TE. They are not Administrators, they can not change the rules and the "vocation" of the site.
It is not easy for them, neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emka View Post
If with the standard automatic note was something personal, human, would it help? Some nice words, not only usual stuff about TOS? Something like "we need your presence here" instead of "there are other sites you can go"?
I think it is a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkamionka View Post
Alternatively we can rearrange the letters in the TrekEarth into TrekHeart.
A reasonable suggestion!

Now, I hope that Jan will read my suggestion (on one of the previous page of this thread) and will send a message to the administration/moderators… an answer to the email he had about his photo.

Two of my photos have been deleted, in the past. One of them, I could repost after emailing them and after modifying the frame (that was the reason why the image had been removed). The other was really completely out of the TOS. We have to recognize when we are not right.

I hope that these conflicts cease in TE. It would be nice to have this photographic environment also available. The forum could be a place more pleasant. But it's getting increasingly difficult.

Du

Last edited by Docarmo; 01-04-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Jan's gallery

Hi all,
I respect and admire everyone here, even if we do not agree, I still will respect the opinions of the contribtors here.
I just feel sad that a little rule on a website was deemed more than the memory of a man and his friend's gentle and heartfelt gesture.
Best wishes
Justin
Old 01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
TE Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry Benny but if most what you know about Poland is based on jasmis gallery then please: give this country a chance and visit it by yourself. In spite of what you may see through his deep gallery this country is beautiful and colorful and worth of visit, full of variety and life, not dark sad and depressive at all but full of smiling faces, not everybody is dirty and bad clothed. Not all streets are black and dirty neither. ..

Hi Mariusz,
Jan just see's his world through his eyes, and presents his view, it is interesting and heartfelt and it is real, it is his view. Your gallery as well, it shows us Poland through your eyes, and of course it is different to Jans, but it has great value too.
What I am saying is ...your gallery, and Jan's gallery, like all of our galleries, have equal value...put all these differing views together and we have a more complete picture..we learn from each other. I only dicovered your gallery through this thread, and I admire your view, it gives me another view of the world, so all this has had some benefit for me, and hopefully for all of us.
Have a great day
Justin
Old 01-04-2011, 02:08 PM
TE Newbie

Default my humle opinion

Hi.

Was mod's decision about deleting Jan's last photo right (from the POV of ToS) or it wasn't? It depends. If mods want to play army and literally stick to the rules, it's their choice and they were right. From my POV it's a mistake. "Law should be applied where normal human relations are not enough" (my poor translation of someone else's thought). I agree with this quote. But having some power is so tempting, isn't it?

Strange TE Mods politics, among other reasons, forced many valuable TE Members to leave, or at least discouraged them from staying here. It's a fact. Members who created the site in some way, who were ones of the most active, creative and interesting photographers here. I'm not active TE member but I really enjoyed most photos of jasmis, bantonbuju, polonaise, traczewska, ninaL, etc. When I'm now visiting TE I can't see their works anymore. In exchange I can see that 90% of today posted photos is a crap and everybody who is at least a little bit interested in photography knows I'm right. I feel that visiting TE becomes a waste of time...

But, the reason I'm writing this post is different. I'd like to ask TE Members if they know, if members who left are active somewhere else. Rlrad mentioned site AM****3, but I cannnot decipher it's name. I will be grateful for such information.

P.S. Porteplume, if you really saw in Jan's photo only a closeup of a candle, then I'm very sorry for you.

Regards
Piotr
Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Piotr,
I know of a couple of places, where some of the best and departed post, Aminus3 and Photoholik.
Best wishes
Justin
Old 01-04-2011, 03:56 PM
TE Expert

Default Piotr's comment

Piotr, you really hit the mark! Hats off!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
TE Expert

Smile

Quote:
OMG I have to comment on that!

Sorry Benny but if most what you know about Poland is based on jasmis gallery then please: give this country a chance and visit it by yourself. In spite of what you may see through his deep gallery this country is beautiful and colorful and worth of visit, full of variety and life, not dark sad and depressive at all but full of smiling faces, not everybody is dirty and bad clothed. Not all streets are black and dirty neither. In fact I am learning from jasmis photos as well because he shows an image of Poland which is completely unknown to me too! And from my TE map you would think that I have seen my share of Poland...
OMG I have to comment on that

There are two very different kind of aesthetics here.

Don't let the dirty faces fool you: Jan likes people, in spite of, maybe even because of those dirty faces. For me too, it's people that make me want to go out and travel, and that's: the good, the bad and the ugly...it's the people that matter.

Judging from your gallery, which is (almost) completely devoid of human presence, you click for very different reasons. You have very different views of what is interesting, plus a very different sense of aesthetics.

Personally I prefer the darker, more personal approach, but, of course, both are valuable and deserve their place. Shall we agree on that?

Vive la difference!

Benny
Old 01-04-2011, 04:20 PM
TE Expert

Default PEACE, please

I hope our purposes in this thread is not fighting against each other. This behaviour would be worse than the episode that generated the thread.
For my part, I will stop trying to help here in this thread. Anyway, it seems that my words are invisible.
If by chance, someone reads this, I would like to say HAPPY AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR TO ALL.
Du
Old 01-04-2011, 04:46 PM
TE Expert

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyV View Post
OMG I have to comment on that
Personally I prefer the darker, more personal approach, but, of course, both are valuable and deserve their place. Shall we agree on that?
Vive la difference!
Benny
Hi Benny,
I appreciate your effort to make peace. You are very kind.

Yes we are with jasmis like two completely different worlds indeed.
For some people what I do is "just" postcards, and for me pictures of photographers mentioned above by Piotrek are not interesting at all. May be just few of them.

Deleted photo was for me an extreme case, it is not here anymore so for people who did not see it I will give here another example from jasmis gallery:
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Eur...oto1255226.htm
For me a photo like that is just of poor quality, wrongly exposed, wrongly composed, unsharp, grainy, with unpleasant burnouts and I would be ashamed to show something like that in public.
Yet I can imagine that you and many other people enjoy this type of photography and you find it very artistic, expressive and stimulating your thoughts.
I admit that some pictures in that style when well done may be interesting even for me. They do need to have a minimum acceptable quality though.

But I guess you are right, people may have different aesthetics which means for some the quality may be secondary to "the message".
On the other hand I believe that the message may be easily found in every shot, when the viewer has a minimal intelligence, therefore the form is very important as well.

As a conclusion, yes I agree, there are people with various aesthetics and surely there are more people enjoying jasmis work (although I am sure he would appreciate if those people commented more frequently on his photos and not now when he decided to leave).
That is the reason why nobody bans jasmis in general. Just one of extreme cases was removed.

Yes we are like two different worlds, that is why some groups on TE rarely mix. But you are right that it may create some sort of beautiful diversity.

Let's hope no more good photographers will leave TE this year and some other may be consider coming back?

Thank you again for your incredible effort here. I really appreciate it. I think many of us could learn from you how to see the problems from different perspective.

Regards,
M
Closed Thread