Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2018-11-09 3:36

Hello John,

Opened in 'a new tab' this scene can be appreciated with excellent clarity.
What a cracker!
The colourful buoys are important, guiding in to the jetty where the buildings are really making making the most of their location!
They do looks cosy, protected by their fencing and by the surrounding high cliffs, too.
The light looks to be very good for photography, shimmering on the water and picking up the colours inland.
Where the buoys are important in the f/g, the waterfall is a good b/g feature and they link nicely on a diagonal.

There looks to be an alfresco cafe near the jetty.
Were you able to dine there? (THough the prices would have been high!)

Kind regards,
Bev :-)
Sorry, I critiqued this before you added w/s, which ad further details to the scene.
Is that salt piled by the side of the road?

Old 11-09-2018, 11:59 AM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Thank you, Bev!

dThank you, Bev, for your kind remarks about this one!

No, we didn't eat at that marina, we had already had a hearty breakfast on the ship and were going to be heading off to another village which I hope to be able to show you later. And, no, I didn't think that that was salt piled up beside the road in the workshop picture - they were doing some road work as well as what looked like some excavation and building behind the church and I just thought it was earth piled up from that. But maybe it was salt, I couldn't be certain.

On a technical point, isn't it really frustrating how long it takes to upload a picture, especially if you want to add workshop images too? Or perhaps I'm just doing it wrong, I don't know. But each time I upload a picture in the first place, my note either disappears completely or at least any links I have added disappear. And then, if I want to edit my note to add a link to a workshop, the bloomin' title disappears and has to be added all over again. In fact, I generally use "Edge" as my browser nowadays but I've found that is absolutely hopeless for adding pictures to TE and have reverted to Internet Explorer just for that though it also has bad problems. But I feel that the problem isn't all at my end - I'm sure that the TE website has a lot for which to answer. Do you also have problems like this?

Take care.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:08 PM
TE Expert

Unhappy Uploading

Hi John, I haven't had too many problems just recently, though I always copy my notes before I upload, just in case!
I have been having intermittent problems uploading critiques.
Sometimes, I click on the smiley face and the page freezes. If I copy the critique and go onto the other site, it is possible to upload it.
It is irritating but, I'm alert to it now!

Lovely Photos you are sharing of your trip to Norway!

Have a good w/e, Bev