Where would you go! - Page 11 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Where would you go!

My dream destination is Rarotonga, a beautiful island far east of New Zealand with emerald water and an intact coral reef. You can go by bus within one hour around the island, stop everywhere you want and could walk around through the green highlands. I would like to live once more in the guesthouse of the friendly family - laughing, cooking, fishing, doing many funny things. No TV, no computer, ...
Best wishes
Achim
Old 03-06-2007, 07:24 PM
TE Expert

To Achim...
Why not N.K.?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:58 AM
TE Junior Member

I'm always amazed to read that Americans can't go to Cuba. It's probably one of the most popular destinations in Canada and it's like any other place in the carribeans really...

I'd go to the randomest place I could think of. Right now, that would be Papua New Guinea or Bangladesh or R廧ublique centrafricaine or Paraguay or Armenia.

Or North Kansas or the "real" N. K.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:26 PM
TE Senior Member

his thread makes me feel frustrated ;-)

I have a list of countries that I would like to visit about as long as the list of coutries that exist in this world...
If offered a ticket, I'd go to the solomon Islands.
Why? because it looks beautiful, because I don't think that many people go there, I am 99% sure that it must be absolutely perfect for surfing nice relaxing waves (which I like when I go surfing in lost palces), because it's probably the experience of a lifetime, because I could't afford it otherwise, because... because... because...
;-)
Old 03-07-2007, 01:52 PM
TE Expert

Nico,
did you know btw that the Solomons are probably the top place in the world to scubadive (I read about a spot where you can even spot orcas!!!)? At least it's on the top of my list, although like yourself, i'm worried with the price, not only to get there but to stay even for a week. :(
I have not seen reports on surfing in the Solomons though... Fiji islands seem like the place to go in southern Pacific, with giant offshore waves in the Yasawa island group... but do you also know that there are supposed to be good surf spots in the Andaman & Nicobar, I didn't check though.

Cheers
Luko
Old 03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
TE Senior Member

Default surf in south pacific

Hi Luko,
I know about the surf in Fidji (there is a very famous place called tavarua with some crazy waves) but it's crowded and MIGHTY expensive. There are very good waves in the Samoas, the Tongas, New Caledonia and Vanatu, well all around this part of the world really...
I know that there is some surf in the Solomon, but nobody has never really reported on it (apart from the salt water crocs...). There are very few photos on the web. Anyway, It seems to be wild and beautiful there even without surfing.

I didn't know about Andaman and Nicobar. There is some surf in Sri Lanka, but it's not worth the trip (surfing-wise), in the Maldives (perfect) and in Indo (perfect, but it's rather furter east)... I'm not sure that much swell can reach A&N, it's far from the low systems, a bit sheltered and not facing the good way...
But if you say so... I'll have a look!
Did you recently buy shares in the A&N tourism business ? ;-)
Cheers!
Nicolas
Old 03-07-2007, 02:26 PM
TE Junior Member

Antarctica, without a moment's hesitation. The wildness, ruggedness and so far unspoilt wilderness and wildlife are something this planet and us stupid humans seem to be losing more and more every day and to see it before it's corrupted would be a dream. And to capture it photographically in every detail and aspect for future generations would be an honour. Thanks Kev.
Regards, Steve.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:11 PM
TE Junior Member

George, sorry I'm not good in abbreviations, maybe its because I'm a over50 :-)
Old 03-07-2007, 05:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Back to Ireland!!! Why? Ideal country for everything: fantastic landscapes, the most hilarious atmosphere in the evenings, great lights, colours, variation, good music, adorable and funny people and least but not last: quality beer! :)) and if you don't get a free flight: take ryanair!!! It's nearly free!

Other not yet realized dreams: Niger, Burma (soon going), Lybia, Mali, Nepal, Yemen, Arizona, Morocco, Jordan.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:13 PM
TE Expert

When you're over 50, the whole world of abbreviations comes very handy and extremely useful.
How would I know...?
Oh, well...Take a wild guess! (:-)))))))))))))))))))

---------------------
N orth K orea

Hve a great and smiley day, pal
g.