Disregarded - Page 10 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Disregarded

Hello Yan,
I think you should not take this as a disregard on your work, I do write 20 or morre critiques a day but not because I'm "forced" to do so, it's because I enjoy making critiques and with them besides enjoy viewing some photos, some really great, others not so good, I enjoy having some conversation and exchanging ideas with other members, and I can tell you that this is one part with crucial importance for me.
Also about few critiques, if you want to loose some time and check it you will see that at the begining I had not so many critiques as I have now because I wasn't known or maybe because when I posted my photos and due to the difference of hours between each continent maybe they weren't seen by some many members, I honestly don't know.
I also consider that no one should be forced to comment a photo just because it's great technically or because it shows a great sight, if it was like this then those who have less skills would never receive critiques or comments. If you check I made some WS not because I want to show that I'm better than anyone, just because I want to try show that a photo could be improved, or for pure joy of making it seem different.
Finally, if you think that our world is based on several communities, then maybe there's the answer for your question. i think TE works just like that, several communities inserted on a bigger one TE, and then just like in real world, everyone is free to jump from one to another, just as he feels like or not. And about the points, if you check out there are some members which I consider are outstanding ones with photos of superb quality, and they don't have high rated photos sometimes and others they have it, but this is a thing very related with their participation on this site or not. You may not agree but if you don't give any feedback, it's hard to receive it, maybe it shouldn't work like this but it works; and if you pass this into real life this is the same if you don't show up for a while somewhere then the biggest probability is that you are forgotten.
Don't see this words as a negative critique or attack, I'm just trying to give you my opinion, and you'll see that if someone do not reply to you today or tomorrow, he surely will reply. I myself, sometimes do not reply as often and quickly as I wanted but sometimes I do not have time or get lazy, but even if it's some days later I reply.
Best regards.
Paulo
Old 08-03-2006, 11:24 PM
TE Newbie

Yan,
I noticed that TrekEarth, you have given 277 critiques. On TrekLens, you have given 3598 critiques. You have even been an older member of TE than TL. Of course you will get more attention on TL than TE if you give almost 13 times as many critiques on TL than you have on TE. If you give that many here, your images will be regarded and be given attention much more.
-Rahul
Old 08-04-2006, 08:04 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi everybody!

This is a very passionate and impassionating thread. Therefore it tends to get entangled. I do not say it winds then into a nonsense, since it becomes an interesting free outlet, and no opinion is rubbish, even if it isn't relevant to the starter.
But something annoys me at that point, and that is the turn the discussion on points took towards a debate on how to reach the upper crust of TE, the faster the better. The advice given (I hope the algorithms and recipes to become famous on TE in only twenty lessons to members were ironic!) in that thread is really, and I mean it, useful as regards the shaping of a network of different community levels.
From that structural point of view every criterion (favoured nationality, notes, friendliness, etc) is relevant, insofar as we consider What We Want to achieve.

And Yan,
No one, so far, has considered your request from your own purpose. It's a pity, since I know you put it clearly that What You Wanted was help to imporove your work.
I demand that the jury consider once again this only fact, that Yan didn't ask for more ratings as a photography capitalist. Nooooo, she repeatedly tried to obtain advice as to how to get more *photographic* advice, which, on TE, for the best or the worse, are matched by a system of points.
Please everybody, do not make the smileys grin at their own value. TE must not become a fame contest. Thanks:D
PS. I'm talking at length about giving advice, without giving none. Just forgive the newcomer that I am on that point. Thank you for making out so thoroughly in that discussion how TE is a great tribute to free speech. Bye!!
Old 08-05-2006, 12:48 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Rahul,
How do you count the critiques one had written?
Thanks!
Raluca
Old 08-05-2006, 06:05 PM
TE Newbie

Raluca
if you click on the gold star or whatever next to your name it brings up statistics of you. yours are:
Raluca Preotu (aralda)
Critiques Workshops Notes
# Given 1205 24 70
# Useful 286 59 97
Old 08-05-2006, 08:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Hello Rahul,
Thanks a bunch!
Raluca
Old 08-06-2006, 12:14 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Yan
I read this thread with great interest since I am still realtively new (just over a month) to both sites and I noticed much the smae thiing.
Thank you for starting the conversation. It's an important one that needs to be continued.
Cheers
Silke
Old 08-06-2006, 09:19 PM
TE Newbie

Default Some people frown on 'quid pro quo' rating

Are you rating and commenting on photos simply so others will give yours points, or are you interested in sharing you work, your creativity, and your base of knowledge?

I think if you're here simply to run up your point total, you're a bit misguided.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned

Default Re: Some people frown on 'quid pro quo' rating

I don't know to whom you give this reply but if it is to me, you are completely misguided and I would suggest that you read everything I have written.

I don't even bother in repeating what I am here for!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:22 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Some people frown on 'quid pro quo' rating

Are you rating and commenting on photos simply so others will give yours points, or are you interested in sharing you work, your creativity, and your base of knowledge?

I think if you're here simply to run up your point total, you're a bit misguided.

Who do you mean by 'you'..?