Where would you go! - Page 6 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-21-2006, 11:09 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Where would you go!

I went one years ago in Vancouver, few days for work. fantastic city!
i think that you can took fantastic shot.
in that days there is every morning a fantastic fog that came in from the bay inside the city and from the top of the skyscrapers you'll can took amazing images!
i thnk that i will be in the eastern coast of Canada and Usa next summer, for some days, but that time without open tickets!
with a 20 months baby (more an hooligan than a baby!) isn't easy go around without hotels reservated!
i've planned a 7 days trip in Lybia, me and my wife for next spring....but the riots against the italian comunity of the last days ....

ciao
Old 02-21-2006, 09:30 PM
TE Senior Member

I live in New Zealand and therefore a long way from anywhere else - air travel is always necessary, unless I go on a cruise ship.

But I would love to go back to the UK and Europe - with my digital camera this time. England, Scotland, France, and definitely ITALY again!! Also as many other European countries as possible - Will your air tickets allow me to travel right throughout Europe too Kevin????

Thanks for the dream...
Janice
Old 02-21-2006, 10:00 PM
TE Newbie

If I had been asked this question six months ago, before I joined TE, my answer would have been New Zealand as 1st choice with western Canada a close second - both because of the outstanding scenery the countries have to offer. Since joining TE, things have changed drastically.
India is now top of my list, miles ahead of anywhere else, but followed by Vietnam and North & South Korea, and the reason now is culture, not scenery.
Thanks to clodreno, nerve, sandip and oochappan for showing me a quality and richness of lifestlye I never new existed, but a one I'm now desparate to see with my own eyes.
Alex.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 PM
TE Expert

I've travelled much with such hooligans!! I know what this means - Libya is a little hot right now - I hope you mean next year and not this one - I'll look out for the fog!! You help me to think we made a good choice!....it's weird all my interests usually point east!

best wishes Kev
Old 02-21-2006, 10:55 PM
TE Expert

It's a dream Janice ...so yes of course travel across Europe - pop in and see us too ......for us it is real though - last Friday we were given these tickets - some restrictions - we could only travel where British Airways fly direct - so New Zealand was out - we could only reach Hong Kong- we travelled the world in our minds - and then decided on a place we hadn't even considered fro 99% of the time!

keep dreaming that dream into reality!

best wishes Kev
Old 02-21-2006, 11:00 PM
TE Expert

India is remarkable Alex - a truly remarkably diverse place and a good choice for your golden tickets - the tickets are real for me and my wife - a 'gift' from British Airways - after three days we decided on Western Canada!! I had it high on my list to visit Evren and visit some places I'd still like to see in Rajasthan.

best wishes Kev
Old 02-21-2006, 11:03 PM
TE Expert

uuuuuuum! I think there can be no guarantees as far as most of Iraq or many parts of Afghanistan are concerned - but yes I can understand the pull to tell some of the stories of this struggle.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:42 AM
TE Expert

You are evil Kevin,
DOnt give me a plane ticket, telll you what if you can give me a paid year or two off Ill take care of the plane tickets and the cheap hotels and meals and to the Marco Polo route, coming back trhough the transsiberian and going down through africa....
Old 02-22-2006, 01:03 AM
TE Expert

oooh that sounds like a once in a lifetime not to be missed trip!! .......zigzagging across Africa might be more interesting though.......
Old 02-22-2006, 03:14 AM
TE Expert

Western Canada? Hmmm... Why? Its beautiful for the scenery but I dont associte you with landscapes Kev.