Where would you go! - Page 8 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-26-2006, 09:02 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Where would you go!

#1 (a newly promoted one) Irian Jaya - the Indonesian end of the island of Papua New Guinea. The few tribal picture I have seen have been incredible. And a couple of weeks ago, they discovered an area the size of Luxembourg that man had never been before, with a bunch of totally new species of animals and plants. Even local tribal guides were shocked.

#2 - ?: India, Bhutan, Ethiopia, Egypt, Morocco, Russia, Chile
Old 02-26-2006, 02:29 PM
TE Expert

They'd all be on my list too - perhaps not Egypt - but don't know why!!!?

As it is Canada here we come!!

bw Kev
Old 02-26-2006, 09:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Kev, that's a difficult one.

We're really lucky this year as we're off to Kenya for a 7-day safari followed by a week at the coast north of Mombasa. I've been before, but my fiancee hasn't and it's a trip of a lifetime for me as the last time I was there I could only afford a Canon SLR and a 35-70 lens - definitely not sufficient to make the most of either the scenery or the wildlife. This time, the D70, D200 and lenses are coming with us....

If I could go ANYWHERE, it would be a trip round the canyons and national parks in the USA. Like many, I'm a devotee of Ansel Adams and would love to just spend as much time as it takes to get the very best shots I could - particularly now that I've invested in a Mamiya 7, as well as a D200.

My other half would need a Nikonos as she's in love with the tought of scuba diving with turtles in the Maldives / Seychelles / Mauritius / Galapagos - anywhere tropical where there's cute sea-life. If only "Nemo" was real.........!!!

Paul
Old 02-27-2006, 04:00 PM
TE Senior Member

There are many places I would go:

-London (yes, I appreciate your series about London)
-Santorini (blues and whites and the sun)
-Sarajevo (the only ex yugoslav capital I've not been and the olympiad was there too)
-Kenya (wild life, interesting scenery)
-Berlin (I've been there and I would go again)
-Chile (land with incredible contrasts)
-Canada (only in summer)
-Uluru (the big chunk of rock in the middle of Australia)
-Tokio (Lost in translation...)

that's a short list, for the long I don't have time nor place.

Aleks
Old 02-27-2006, 04:09 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: How much would you prepare before you went?

Prepare passport, visas, credit card and just go freestyle.
Better is that way.

Aleks
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: How much would you prepare before you went?

Pakistan: K2, Nanga Parbat, Gasherbrum I , Broad Peak , Gasherbrum II, Gasherbrum III, Gasherbrum IV, Distaghil Sar etc. (all 8000+, 7000+ and 6000+ mountains which are actually too many), Skardu (not of this planet this place, wno ords or pen can describe the beauty), Lake Saif-ul-Muluk (breathtakingly beautiful), Ayubia, Bahawalpur, Swat, Chitral, Deosai Plains, Karakorum, Quetta, Naran, Hunza, Ghora Gali, Chillam, Dunga Gali, Fairy Meadows, Cholistan, Gwadar, Haripur, Indus River, Kaghan, Kalam, Kallar Kahaar, Kohistan, Lalazar, Makli, Murree, Rohtas Fort, SALT RANGE, Sari Paey, Shaunter Pass, Taxila, Wagah, Nathia Gali and many, many, many more

These places are truly heaven, largely untouched (like a virgin)! I hope it remains this way so that the beauty of these places in Pakistan can remain preserved. Although unfortunately this is changing very rapidly now. A lot of tourists are coming to these places. Also to see the descendants of Genghis Khan, Alexander The Great and many other great warriors that fought battles in this region of Pakistan.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:04 AM
TE Junior Member

I think Bhutan...really seems like a lost kingdom to me...I like that they don't seem to be too concerned with the rest of the world
Old 05-29-2006, 02:07 AM
TE Expert

Gee there are so many places and such little time! I would go to Usbekistan for the the old structures built against the rocky mountains; to Brazilia for the planned city and buildingd and to Rio de Janeiros beach for the pretty women! How is that for two weeks. Very hectic!

Andre'
Old 05-29-2006, 04:10 AM
TE Junior Member

Northern Territory of Australia-- sometimes the best experiences are to be had in one's very own country. I don't know much about Aboriginal Australia and I want to know more, to understand what is causing and prolonging the problems there.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:11 PM
TE Senior Member

Antarctica - hands down

Svalbard-Spitzbergen next choice

Open them pockets wide, boy, you're gonna pay bigmoney!