Where would you go! - Page 9 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-30-2006, 10:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Where would you go!

Depending on season:
Iceland (anytime between May and September)
or South Island of New Zealand - Fiordland (anytime between September and May)
Old 05-31-2006, 12:28 AM
TE Expert

...when the kids finally leave home.....a retired nurse friend of mine has just come back from Antartica - she sold it to me hands down!!!

Spitzbergen wasn't on my radar before you mentioned it - what is attracting you there?
Old 05-31-2006, 12:29 AM
TE Expert

I second what you say about discovering more about your own country - but man - you have a continent to discover!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 12:30 AM
TE Expert

Good luck Andre' - I notice you left the women until last - just to relax after all those exertions no doubt!
Old 05-31-2006, 03:12 AM
TE Senior Member

Spitzbergen, from what I've seen of it, looks like mini-Antarctica, only more inhabited, with polar bears instead of penguins, so a variation on the same theme, still the cost of a visit would be very very high, but its position makes it more accessible than Antarctica, upon reconsideration my second choice would be a re-visit to Greenland, only because it's much much bigger, has a more interesting cultural element and greater diversity.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:06 PM
TE Expert

That happened to me last year and I decided to go to Japan.
Why? They say it愀 a expensive country so I can put the money for the plane ticket at the bed&breakfast account, also although it愀 was an interesting destination for me but not enough to spend the money on the plane ticket.
What? In my case what a attack me of Japan was to confirm that Sofia Copolla愀 film "Lost in translation" was an absolute nonsense make for probably one of the more superficial minds of the Hollywood royalty (something that I have the chance to confirm this year with her following film "Marie Antoniette"). Seriously, I cannot believe that the best thing to do in Japan was stay at the hotel talking. I confirm it. Japan is much more than interesting in many aspect and I did not stay at my hotel but for my sleep time.
Did I help you?

Miguel
Old 06-01-2006, 09:26 AM
TE Expert

Don't need 2 tickets, one would do fine (unless I can trade in 2 economy tickets for 1 business class???).

Disregarding the fact that I'll be back there in 37 days, I would have to choose British Columbia, Canada Kev. Living here in Singapore, I really do cherish the time I have in Canada when home on vacation.
Although South East Asia is beautiful, I miss the natural beauty of Canada. Lakes, waterfalls, running streams etc etc. To me there is no other paradise.

Cheers!
- Dan
Old 06-01-2006, 05:36 PM
TE Expert

Some of the answers are straying too much from the question, but I am enjoying it!

Andre'
Old 06-02-2006, 08:30 AM
TE Expert

hmmmmmmm... I thought I was pretty much 'on topic'? ;-)

- Dan
Old 07-16-2006, 10:27 PM
TE Newbie

Considering that the tickets are free, I would go to some destination that I have interest in which also costs a lot! I believe that airfare to Tibet is high and I really want to go there, or I would go to Bora Bora, or the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India.