Seeking meaningful critiquers... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-03-2008, 11:14 PM
TE Expert

Default Seeking meaningful critiquers...

Why did you join TrekEarth?

If you're anything like me, you joined it to become a better photographer. No matter what level of knowledge you've achieved, you can never stop learning. There are always ways and directions to grow. Whether behind the camera or whether behind the computer screen. TrekEarth has been a large part of that for me over the past three years or so. A continuing source of inspiration, and the support of some key people who take the time to share their thoughts and critiques with you.

I've created a private list (that TrekEarth function that not many people use). I've made a list of 'Good Critiquers', which is something I seek out...
If I click on this list, it'll take me to those critiquers who I appreciate etc.
You can choose whether or not it's visible to the public or not...

The 'cookie-cutter' critiques (ie: "Amazing seascape. Wonderful colors. Great perspective. Very good capture, very good take.") are nice to receive- but REALLY, why are they being given?
Does it help you learn? - No
Does it feel honest? - Not Really
Are they just doing it so you hopefully repay the points? - Most likely

I recently happened across a member (no names mentioned) who posted these 'cookie-cutter critiques' in order;