Anyone using Nikon D60 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 PM
TE Newbie

Default Anyone using Nikon D60

Hello, I recently purchased a Nikon D60 to officially start my love for photography. I am having a very difficult time understanding its functions being brand new to photography. Can anyone recommend a website or something I can refer to that will help me understand why some functions are "currently not available with these options" when I attempt to select them on my camera (such as White balance and the star filter)? - the operators manual isn't much help at all unfortunately. Thank you so much.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone using Nikon D60

Hi Christa

I'm not an D60 user, but for sure I'm a nikon user...
there's a site very good to understand a bit more your camera, www.dpreview.com and www.dcviews.com, try these for you new camera...
Probably what's happens is that some functions don't work in the automatic mode, that preset these functions... try some manual modes such apperture priority or shutter priority..

regards;

Taba
Old 07-23-2008, 11:57 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone using Nikon D60

Christa,

Hello. I do have a D60 - very happy with it - sure you will be too once you learn your way around it.
I think it's the case that the white balance can be changed in P,S,A, or M modes, but not when the camera is set to auto. As you're new to photography you probably have the camera on auto. Put the camera in P mode (programmed auto) and you'll be able to change the white balance.

The "star filter" - I guess you mean the "cross screen" filter. This is only applied to photographs after you have taken them, if desired - page 135 of the manual.

I think the manual is pretty comprehensive; I've not had a problem - but then I'm pretty familiar with Nikon cameras.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Colin