To maloutim: No names - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great maloutim 2011-11-26 16:00

Hi Pablo,
Indeed a beautiful specimen ! And although I know how close you get with your friends, I didn't realize that you could recognize them after a year's absence. But, I have just read your explanation to Angshu and Donato. I see that they are just like YOUR wild pets, and they treat you with a visit, just like a nephew would do out of courtneousness :-)
Anyway, I am as much interested in the relation you have established with the nature around you as in the quality of the photos you take of it.
So these squirrels let you pat them, do they ? Do you give them names by any chance ?
Thank you so much for sharing these treasures with us.
Kindest regards.
Marie-Louise.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:40 AM
TE Junior Member

Talking To maloutim: No names

No the squirrels don’t get names hehehe…!

Most of them drop by as they are roaming around looking for food, but weeks may pass between each visit. Particularly during winter they may be absent for a long time as they don’t like to cover long distances in the snow.

Some squirrels live not far away, and visit on a daily basis. Right now there are two of them, an adult lady and a younger male.

Squirrels are wild animals and as such they don’t like to be touched as the instinct tells them to be careful, but the most familiar of them will allow me to pat them when they are treated to the definite favourite that is hazelnuts!