Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 08-19-2005, 04:27 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: how to change photo in Book Theme

Hy Dylan,
I've seen your mail :) it's been quite a hard day in office right now, but i will try to finish it today.

BTW, you can already add your new photo, i will delet the older on latter on... please find a theme with free space (Theme 8 for example)

Thanks for your reminder

M嫫io
Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 PM
TE Expert

Default Hi you all

I believe we can go trough this with a little effort.
We are starting new phases of the project and what we need now to continue is support from the members.

This is where the project starts, with the help and support from you guys. And I am afraid that if you do not realize what we are really doing this may end right here.

We have to have very clear in mind that YOU ARE AUTHORS WITHIN THIS BOOK. This is the role you are playing here. And as authors YOU MUST BE PROTECTED.

Every publication has to be supported by the AUTHORS of the contents, it can be text, photographs, art, drawings, whatever.

And for this the AUTHORS clearly identified must grant the permission to the publishing company to proceed with the publication jobs. This is very simple and straighforward. And I am not inventing this. This is how it works WORLDWIDE.

I have checked and we really need your written permission to publish your photos and text. This was also mentioned from the very beginning, that there were legal issues that needed to be dealt with. So, I still wonder why you feel so surprised regarding some very basic facts.

I am open to receive suggestions about how we exhange some info. But, please again consider that this IS ABSOLUTELY NECCESARY AND IS OUT OF DISCUSSION WHETHER THIS CAN BE AVOIDED OR NOT. IN OTHER WORDS IS A REQUIREMENT. I CAN NOT GO out freely publishing your work without any permission. Sorry, I am not allowed to do that. And I WILL NOT DO IT.

One way I found to exchange this data, is for every member to prepare a written statement, with personal data, together with the photos printed (to state clearly which photos you are granted permission), where you allow the publication of them only for a book of a limited number of copies (they can be numbered as well).

Believe me, I just want to protect you and do the work right.

I, once again kindly request you to give me your support in order to carry on this dear project.

I have worked hard so far to keep this alive, and so did Henk, Jack, Mario and Isabel, Rinie..., and I can not believe that at the first obstacle, we have to desist from our goals. Just due to lack of support.

You have to decide, if we move forward or if we stop here.

Cesar
Old 08-19-2005, 07:28 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: how to change photo in Book Theme

Thanks Malopes, i've added to to the open theme. If you find the time please delete the old one. kind Regards.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:35 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Hi you all

Hi All members,
this is really important... now or latter we MUST give some Idenfication (ID or passport number), it will be needed some written autorization to publish the photos as well as copyright detention.

We know all of you (me included) own the photos, but still we need to have the written desclaimer.

As Cesar wrote we have been working hard, not easy to organize things when we are spread along the whole world, but we manage to get things done respecting the shedulle and that's brilliant.

I propose you to think about it and along with us propose solutions to this... in my work i have a rule: I will only throw a problem if i throw a solution also.

So we have a weekend to think about it:

- Disclairmers/autorizations/copyright issues

You can contact me anytime, i will try to answer your doubts

M嫫io
Old 08-19-2005, 09:23 PM
TE Newbie

One more question: the pixel size. Is this the size of the (cropped) final version that will be printed in the book? Does the pixel size have to be exactly that of the final version or can it be estimated (like roughly 3456x2304 for an uncropped 8MP photo)
Old 08-19-2005, 09:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi All members,

every time I cross a border I need to fill papers and give my passport number, home address, etc. Every time I apply for visa to any country I need to do the same... When I open an account in a bank, rent a car, check-in in many countries, etc. You do the same! Do you really trust to all these clerks? I need to give this info dozens times per year in many countries. If somebody want to steal your personal info he has many possibilities to do it... I don't see a problem with this, my personal info is known some hundred people in thirty countries, and I'm sleeping easily...

Wish you the same.

Nikolay