Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-17-2005, 12:38 AM
TE Expert

Default To Kike Velazquez: First task assignment

First task assignment
regarding the TE BOOK Project.
Pour parler Anglais je suis oblig de passer par un traducteur, parce que je ne maitrise pas cette langue 100%.
Je me permets de poser deux questions au sujet de la publication du livre.
1 concernant le questionnaire :
Pourquoi vous demandez des informations personnelles, tel que la nationalit du participant et le num廨o de son passeport. Je ne vois aucun rapport avec la participation ce projet et je ne suis pas d'accord sur ce point.
2 Parmi les membres de TE, beaucoup ne parlent pas Anglais. Quelle est la solution pour qu'ils puissent r廧ondre au questionnaire.
Merci pour la r廧onse.
Sinc鋨es salutations.

To speak English I am obliged to pass through a translator, because I do not have a well knowledge of this language at 100%.
I allow myself to ask two questions about the way of the preparation of the book.
1 concerning the questionary:
Why you ask for personal information, such as the nationality of the participant and the number of his passport. I do not see any relation with the participation in this project.
I do not agree on this point.
2 Among the TE members, much does not speak English. Which is the solution so that they can answer the questionary. Thank you for the answer.
Best regards.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:00 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Kike Velazquez: First task assignment

Hi Didi:

1. The nationality is important as it is a data that will probably will be included in your intro text at the book. Besides that information is already given at TE at your intro page probably. In some cases it will be the same as your current residence.

And regarding the passport number, it is also a data that may give more trust to the members. I open myself to everyone so this project can continue.

I do not have any problem in giving my personal data, if you do not want, I can not force you, even more no one can force you, you do not have any obligation to fill in.

2. We are searching for a translator and feel free to complete the questionnaire in french, we will find a proper translation.

In some place within the form you will find the indication that you can use your mother language as well.

To be simple Didi, please feel free to complete the questionnaire in FRENCH.

regards;

Cesar
Old 08-17-2005, 03:46 AM
TE Expert

Default Another point but no less important

Is related with copyright of the material and liability.
Every photographer is the only responsible for the postings, and in case of claims of a third party, this data would be required.

A publication of a book, is a complex task, and as it will involve material from over the world, we have to assume responsibilities. This is not a problem cause we know we own the material, but we have to state this clearly in written form.

But be confident that this information will not be spread or divulged.

Cesar
Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Another point but no less important

Hi cesar,
I receive the form and this one will go back to you as soon I will have filled it.
For the legal and serious inscription of our copyright, and legal responsability of editing the whole book and each photo, we must be identified, that all right.
BUT, there is a problem to send the Passport ID and adress on internet in mail for a security reason, especially the Passport ID.
Would it be possible to have a secure area to do it under the responsability of one of our friends involved in the project ?
Thank you for the work the team is accomplishing.
Jean Michel
Old 08-17-2005, 08:53 AM
TE Expert

Bonjour Cesar
D'accord pour la nationalit, et en ce qui concerne la communication d'adresse personnelle et de num廨o de t幨廧hone devrait se faire sous un environnement s嶰uris comme le propose notre ami Jean Michel et l'achat du livre devra s'effectuer sous un environnement comme "Paypal" par exemple.
En ce qui concerne mon num廨o de passeport, je vis en France pays des libert廥 et berceau de la d嶰laration des droits de l'homme.
Je suis membre d'associations diverses qui ne m'on jamais demand une telle information.
Je reste donc sur ma position.
Amicalement.
Didi

Hello Cesar
Ok for the nationality, and with regard to the communication of personal address and telephone number should be done under a safe environment as our friend Jean Michel proposes it and the purchase of the book will have to be carried out under an environment like "Paypal" for example.
With regard to my number of passport, I live in France country of freedoms and cradle of the declaration of the rights of man. I am member of various associations which one never asked me such any information.
I thus stay on my initial position.
Bests regards.
Didi
Old 08-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Banned

I agree with Said in NOT sending such personal infos as pass# or home phone#
Since there are no persons identifiable on my photos and I have the originals and cameras that took the pictures I don't see the need for it. However I'll provide my address and email for contact and sending the book.
Jean-Yves
Old 08-17-2005, 09:49 AM
TE Expert

Agree with the mentioned here.

There is no need to give deep personal info as pass numbers to participate in the book.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Banned

Cesar, the country indicated on the TE home page is the country of residence, which differs from the nationality in a fair number of cases.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:55 AM
TE Expert

Qui peut contr犨er l'identit?

Le contr犨e d'identit peut 皻re fait par un policier, un gendarme et dans certains cas un douanier.
D'apr鋊 la loi en vigueur dans mon pays, seul un officier asserment est autoris cette proc嶮ure.

Who is able to control the identity?
The identity check can be made by a police officer, a gendarme and in certain cases a customs officer. According to the law in force in my country, only a sworn in officer is authorized with this procedure.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Didi, and everybody,
I think everybody is wondering what are the legacy and the private contracts in the case of this publication and this according to internationnal law, and laws of the countries where the book will be published.
Let me suggest this :
1. we have to provide an acceptable proof of our copyright and author achievement, so we need to identified us somewhere in front of the editing company ( the group working at the project), I think a private (and on honour) written and posted (mail) declaration would be sufficient without offering our passport ID to a non secured connection, or simply writing our ID on a document to a private person ( this is reserved to Public and police personnes in defined terms of the countries we live or cross or further in case of court actions ( comptetency will be given to courts from the countries of the complaining people if so and you will have to defend on the competency first ask for your country :-)))).
2. We are absolutly obliged to give exactly the place we live in order to receive the book and any contestation from a third part on copyright and content (otherwise the publishing group would be responsible without us in front of third part)
3. we are to discharge the ediding group (our friends) of a responsability which is ours through the photos.

Life is complicated :-)))) for honnest people we are

Sincerely

Jean Michel