Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-05-2006, 04:35 PM
TE Expert

Default STATUS OF THE TE BOOK

Sorry for being absent for so long, but I have had several severe personal issues that impeded me for sharing with you here and at the same time did not allow me to continue working with the BOOK Project.

Status is as follows:

- We have the questionnaires filled in of the members.
- We have the prices of printing and shipping to all destinations. This point is extremely important cause the original printing price is nothing compared to the SHIPPING Price. So this has a significant impact on members decision`s to be part of the project.

Shipping prices as the book itself would be heavy ranges from 60USD per unit up to 100USD.

This list of shipping prices was carried out by Isabel to Europe. She was supposed to meet the TE members in Europe to discuss the method to be chosen to proceed with the project (I understand she is around there still).

- Amount of time and effort and availability of the members.
The original team is still working but I had as I mentioned, personal problems, and the project needs an almost full time dedication, task that I can not accomplish for the time being. If anyone is interested in being part and take the project "AS IS", that person would be welcome. Many thanks to Jack who has prepared so many "useful software tools" even though we have zero budget, thanks to Mario who has done so far too many tasks, thanks Isabel and Rinie, and also Henk who have been working so hard in this project.

- The project itself is a real challenge, we need:

1) Commitment (in terms of purchasing the book as we do not have own financial resources and time to work on the project).

2) Confirm again the intention to be part/purchase the printing and shipping prices. Destinations are so different all over the world, and shipping prices are discouraging.

Other possibility that was discussed once to avoid the forementioned issues is to prepare a "digital version" of the book, that can be downloaded or shipped with a much lower cost.

If you have comments on how to continue/proceed with this I will be more than glad to receive them.
I would be more than happy to find a solution, alltogether, I have dedicated too a HUGE amount of time, and I feel sorry I had issues,

My sincerest apologies if I respond late,

I wait your comments/suggestions or any word you want to express here,

Cesar
Old 06-05-2006, 05:25 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: STATUS OF THE TE BOOK

Hello Cesar,

I am once again offering my help so this book can become a reality. The shipping price of $60.00 - $100.00 per book cannot be right. I ship packages from the US to Portugal on a regular basis with a shipping cost of only $18.00 (Approx. depending on the final weight)and the package I send can hold numerous books.(I ship photographs and postcards).

I can find shipping rates for you if you want. I would need to know where the book will be shipped from and the final weight. The rate will than be based upon where the book will be shipped.

Let me know if I could help. I have been offering my help since the concept of the book but I have never received a response.

David....
Old 06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
TE Expert

Hi David

I will send you the shipping prices from here,
it is a excel file,

let me know if can open it, it should work

K.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:03 PM
TE Expert

Hi David

I sent it, the prices I mentioned are per destination,

please check it,

thanks

CV
Old 06-19-2006, 01:07 PM
TE Newbie

oh no, what a shame this ambitious project came to an end. I also believe those shippingprices are wrong. I buy records (vinyl) frequently from ebay anywhere in the world and i pay aprox $18 shipping from anywhere, so a book shouldnt be much more. I really hope after all the efforts put into this it will go on!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:14 PM
TE Newbie

ps, i wonder if it aint better to distribute the books per country? When you have for instance, 40 orders in US, 30 in Holland, what if the whole bunch whould be shipped to those countries at once and then distributed from there to the individual members? You could have them shipped by surface (boat) to the distribution points to save costs.
Id be happy to take care of the distribution in my homecountry, Holland.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Dylan,

I visit USA some times per year and can pick up my own books as well as all books of Russian participants and bring with me to Moscow. Our internal mail prices are not expensive.

Nikolay
Old 06-21-2006, 05:32 PM
TE Junior Member

i'm based in asia (korea) but i'm willing to do anything that needs doing. throw stuff at me and it shall be done. if you need someone to help coordinate shipping to asian destinations, i'd be happy to do that too.

also, are there confirmed orders yet? i want a TE book (i'm not in it) but didn't ready anything about buying one.