To tyro: man and phone - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-05-25 4:30

Hello Daniel,

I was pleased to learn that you didn't climb all 686 steps on your knees! Presumably this is very near the top of the steps and there must have been many, many steps down behind you.

This is a splendid symmetrical composition, the symmetry only upset by the single man in blue who appears, inevitably, to be talking on his mobile 'phone. But he is a welcome addition and adds human interest as well as a sense of scale. But how much nicer it might have been if someone dressed in red had been on the foreground steps? Unfortunately the photographer doesn't always have control over these things!

The light here is lovely and brings out all the details and textures of the steps and the fine ornate church which stands out proudly against a gorgeous and interesting sky.

Lovely true colours, perfect exposure and exquisite details and sharpness throughout.

An interesting and informative note too.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: man and phone

Hi John
Thank you for you kind comment, it is well appreciated.

Talking about the man on his phone, yes they are a nuisance everywhere these days. (Altough I find selfie takers even more of a nuisance in some historical places). I was tempted a bit to clone him out but as I stated before, I am not a big fan of pp tampering with pictures.
I could have put my wife on the steps for a red spot, oh wait first she was wearing blue that day as well and second, like me, she doesn't like being photographed at all.

There where many steps behind us there but as the lower part of the stairs where being in the state of renovation it wasn't a pretty sight.

Daniel