To BennyV: Thank you Benny - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great BennyV 2016-12-17 2:05

"Third and last postcard from a nice city devastated by war in recent years..."

I'm still figuring out whether this is good news or bad. This little series has been one of the most poignant on the site: a mission to show us the beauty of what has been destroyed (and how beautiful this scene is!). It brings sadness and reflection, here at least.

On the other hand, surely it by no means indicates that there are no more similar places that are being destroyed even now. Unfortunately.

Maybe there should be a website that preserves these images of cities and art treasures destroyed by war. I'm sure your shots would be a great contribution.

And if you happen to come across another one of those pictures in your archives...don't hesitate to post yet another one of these sad reminders of how cruel and stupid humans can be.

A big round of applause for this series, Gert!

Benny

Old 12-17-2016, 09:52 AM
TE Expert

Default To BennyV: Thank you Benny

Hello Benny,
Thank you so much for your long and thoughtful comments. I was indeed thinking of extending this series with some more photos, but what I have left from Timbuktu, Sarajevo, Kabul or South Sudan, not already posted here, is not worth showing. I have to consider that this is mainly a photo site. I will possibly later on show some photos from Lebanon, but that was a country I visited after it had risen from a terrible civil war.
Kind regards,
Gert