To holmertz: Thank you - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-12-08 9:00

Hello Kasia,
Finally in Afghanistan! ;-) I have waited patiently for these photos, and the main one is a real beauty. There is such a nice atmosphere and good contact between the man and the boy outside. And those three standing in the doorway are so perfectly framed by the green wood. Technically it's also an outstanding photo. I love the WS too. In this photo and that of the men in the street it looks like absolutely nothing has happened in Afghanistan since the early 1970's. But I know it has.
Also your note (of course) is highly interesting. Getting an Afghan visa has always generally been very easy. I even got one (with some diplomatic assistance) from the Taliban. But I remember entering from Iran in 1972 required quite a lot of paper work at the border lasting for an hour or two, but in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere which made me so happy. I think that first evening in Afghanistan was the highlight of all my travels.
And would you believe it? This one has to go to my favourites!
Best wishes,
Gert

Old 12-08-2019, 04:07 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To holmertz: Thank you

Thank you for all your kind comments Gert and some of you own memories from Afghanistan, I always love reading those (when is that book coming, btw???). Thank you for adding it to you favs as well.
It was the highlight of all my travels too.
Have a nice evening.
Kasia
Old 12-08-2019, 06:01 PM
TE Expert

I thought you already read it, didn't you?
Old 12-08-2019, 08:09 PM
TE Senior Member

Not that one, the second one, based on your travel diary. :-)