相片

Photographer's Note

The church of San Pedro is a large brick church representative of the Gothic style and dedicated to the patron saint of the city has known a hectic history and several reconstructions. Mentioned for the first time in 1209, it was mostly built by the livs and not by foreigners like other temples.

The original wooden church has disappeared, although there are fragments of the walls dating from the thirteenth century. The semicircular apse and the five chapels were built in the 15th century, and the three Baroque dolomite stone porticos were added at the end of the 17th century. The church, attached to the Lutheran faith in 1523, burned down in 1721.

The wooden spire, the highest in Europe, was destroyed by German bombing in 1941. The 122-meter steel replica, completed in 1973, offers excellent views of the city.

-----------------------------------------------------

La iglesia de San Pedro es una gran iglesia de ladrillo representativa del estilo g鏒ico y dedicada al santo patr鏮 de la ciudad ha conocido una historia agitada y varias reconstrucciones. Mencionada por primera vez en 1209, fue construida en su mayor燰 por los livs y no por extranjeros como otros templos.

La iglesia de madera original ha desaparecido, aunque hay fragmentos de los muros que datan del siglo XIII. El 墎side semicircular y las cinco capillas se construyeron en el siglo XV, y los tres p鏎ticos barrocos de piedra dolom燰 se a鎙dieron a finales del siglo XVII. La iglesia, adscrita a la fe luterana en 1523, se incendi en 1721.

La aguja de madera, la m嫳 alta de Europa, fue destruida por los bombardeos alemanes en 1941. La r廧lica de acero de 122 metros, terminada en 1973, ofrece excelentes vistas de la ciudad.

ikeharel, papagolf21, jhm, Cricri, macjake, danos, COSTANTINO, mcmtanyel, PaulVDV, cornejo has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1127
Points: 46
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8158 W: 5 N: 14556] (64674)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH