相片

Photographer's Note

Penha Garcia es una parroquia del municipio portugu廥 de Idanha-a-Nova, con 128,57 km de 嫫ea y 1700 habitantes (2001). Altitud media: 480m.

Penha Garcia se sita el la falda de la Sierra del mismo nombre, en la m嫫gen derecha del r甐 Ponsul, al pie de las crestas cuarc癃icas con formas sorprendentes.

Se trata de una villa muy antigua con poblamiento neol癃ico, fue castro lusitano y poblado romano.

Del castillo, edificado por lo templarios sobre un castro romano, quedan fragmentos de las murallas en buen estado de conservaci鏮. Desde all se disfruta de unas bonitas vistas sobre toda la campi鎙 "raina", el embalse y del valle Feitoso.

Del Patrimonio Cultural destaca tambi幯 el pelourinho o picota del reinado de San Sebasti嫕 y la iglesia matriz que guarde en su interior una imagen de Nuestra Se隳ra de la Leche de 1.489.
En el valle del r甐 Ponsul hay numerosos f鏀iles marinos al lado del camino y un museo de los mismos, varios molinos de rodicio, uno de los cuales sigue en funcionamiento.

Iglesia Matriz y al fondo los restos del castillo.

Dos WS.
--------------------------------------
Penha Garcia is a parish in the Portuguese town of Idanha-a-Nova, with 128.57 sq km of area residents and 1700 (2001). Average altitude: 480m.

Penha Garcia is on the foothills of the Sierra of the same name, on the right bank of the river Ponsul, at the foot of the peak quartzite with surprising ways.

This is a very old town with neolithic settlement, was castro Lusitanian and Roman town.

From the castle, built by the Templars on a Roman Castro, are fragments of the walls in a good state of preservation. From there you can enjoy a nice view over the whole countryside "Rain", and the reservoir valley Feitosa.

Cultural Heritage also highlights the pillory or pillory the reign of San Sebastian and the church that bears within it an image of Our Lady of La Leche of 1.489.
In the valley of the river Ponsul there are many marine fossils on the side of the road and a museum of the same, several mills Rodicio, one of whom is still in operation.

Church and to fund the remains of the castle.

Two WS.

Photo Information
Viewed: 2398
Points: 34
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Charo Parras (Charo) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 5063 W: 58 N: 12115] (51290)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH