The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   To Adam - A small feature to add in "Themes" (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464214)

rajhema 07-22-2007 11:18 AM

To Adam - A small feature to add in "Themes"

Adam and Webmasters,
May I ask to add one little feature in the Theme section (perhaps all 3 websites). It would be convenient if I can have a hyperlink at the top that has "Alphabets" so I can directly go to any letter and start navigating from there ? I just tried to find one theme that starts in 'F' and I had to navigate several pages before I find it.

Thanks

Polonaise 07-22-2007 11:59 AM

Re: To Adam - A small feature to add in "Themes"

Allow me to join you in your request, Rajesh...
That REALLY would be a very useful addition...

Adam... Webmasters..! Sweat a little one more time...
Please.. (:-))

Have a sunny one, guys !

george

jpinkham 07-22-2007 12:28 PM

This is a wonderful idea -- it would be much appreciated.

lestans 07-22-2007 01:11 PM

Oh yes please! Do it, if possible!
It would be so nice if we could reache themes list in a simple way.
My best hope would be to click and see all the themes titles in alphabetic order.
Thank you a lot for everything!
livia

Polonaise 07-22-2007 01:24 PM

Oh my...my...my...

Livia, dearest...
THEY ARE in alphabetical order already...
That's NOT what we are asking for...

(:-)))))

BW, gal
g.

lestans 07-22-2007 01:53 PM

Grrr! George my dream! I know it, but if I am looking for a theme starting with letter "T" I have to turn lots of numbers . When I am finishing "S" I may be close to "T".
If I can look in a list with titles and not numbers I could be able to find "Theatres" or "Trees".
Am I wrong?
Smack!

Livia

Polonaise 07-22-2007 02:17 PM

Yes, you are...

The themes ARE in alphabetical order !!!!!!
As the first come some symbols and sequenced numbers, then the letters of alphabet, and so it goes ...

What we wanted though, is a line of links indicating all the letters of alphabet on the top of themes window...
You just have to click on the letter of your choice and TA DA !!
You're there... All the themes' titles starting with the letter of your choice are there... In front of your beautiful, sapphire eyes...

Smack…ehrrr…kiss (:-)))

g.

Shoot_Score 07-23-2007 12:44 AM

gee g.

I believe that what was asked for is a clickable index where 26 links are available that will immediately point to the first theme that starts with the corresponding letter...

It's not about whether several thousand Themes are already sorted in order [ correct they already are ], it's about how we can jump to 26 places directly thus bypassing a whole lot of needless wading thru!

I too have found it very cumbersome to locate a known theme, esp. when its first letter is on the last quarter of the alphabet!

The original suggestion is an excellent one...

I second, third, fourth it...

Greets to all,

;j.

PS I will send the URL for this request to HQ! Let's hope Adam is in a generous mood!

luisafonso 07-24-2007 03:46 PM

If you know the theme name you can always put it in the "search" box, git "Go" and then click the "Themes" tab in the results panel.
l.

jrj 07-24-2007 03:57 PM

..ehh..

interesting discussion:

when trying add to a theme, you have a page from where where you GOTO PAGE 2 (look to the sequence >>)..

..then you end up at something like:
http://www.trekearth.com/tasks/pub/add2theme.php?pid=697588&purl=czozODoiL2dhbGxlcnkv RXVyb3BlL05vcndheS9waG90bzY5NzU4OC5odG0iOw==&offse t=2

Looking for i.E the letter R - change the ...offset=2 to 22 ( or something), then ENTER

Not perfect, but neither is Adams ability to follow up any longer...

iamback 07-26-2007 02:27 PM

+1

And points for suggesting it - I had exactly the same idea but didn't find a 'round tuit'.

And as a web professional I can ad that it would be almost trivial to implement. ;)

iamback 07-26-2007 02:31 PM

That's what I've been doing so far - but it is still wildly inefficient - the titles aren't evenly distributed across the letters of the alphabet so even guessing where to start looking is very much hit-and-(mostly)miss.

An alphabetical index is an excellent and logical idea - and not hard to implement.

rajhema 07-26-2007 02:45 PM

Fellow members, I never thought I will have this much response to my request. Hope Adam try to implement this.

Rajesh