The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To prezntime: You got it! (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365243)

schekerli 01-31-2007 01:12 AM

To prezntime: You got it!

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your encouraging words.
I took a short look at your pictures,too(I will definitely be looking further)and I saw that we have similar minds in some certain kind of images.
Your plus is your lots of points(that you really deserve)
My pictures don't attract attentions in terms of points.
I don't know why. Maybe it needs time.
Thank you again for your points and positive words.

prezntime 01-31-2007 05:06 AM

Re: To prezntime: You got it!

Well, when i first joined the site, I posted alot of critiques. Now, I was a little too shy to give honest and sometimes negative critiques...I'm working on that. The points have alot to do with how many people you critique. That is good and bad. I have met very many friends due to the words exchanged...and very many of those people appreciate an honest critique when given now...I understand that. A photo has to contain alot of outstanding qualities to get many points without critiques given...a sortof generic quality I think...for the most part. Then again, a photo of truly great quality can generate many points without any provocation, but that is rare. In no way are points a reflection of the quality of the photographs...people who are looking for good shots will find them.
I will say, I wanted as many people to look at my shots as possible..that way I will get the most feedback. The only way to do that is critique other shots...I have only been taking photos as long as I have been on TE so it is all a learning experience.
If you see photos and your mind comes up with words, say something...if not, stick to your guns. It is up to you what you get and give from/to this site.

Thanks again friend,
Chris.

schekerli 02-05-2007 12:25 PM

Re: To prezntime: You got it!

Hallo Chris,
Sorry for answering so lately. It was a period with very few time for enjoyable things.I read your posting and then forgot to reply.:(
You must be definitely right. This is also a platform on which giving and taking are somehow balanced.Otwerwise you must be lucky enough to meet the right people with your photos. Especially if they're not main stream ones.
It's actually like any other community which is based on communication. You must be open, political and socialable in order to get what you want from this community.
You're also right when saying, photos with outstandig qualities come in anyway with good points. Although I haven't seen much from such photos with huge points of which poster with under 1000 points or so. Anyway, it's good to see what's going on in photography world and how good also the amateurs can be.
I wish you all the best Chris

Bye

Murad