Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2009-03-08 10:37

Hello Jean,

I can see you are discovering your new environment to great effect!

This is a lovely composition with the old stone bridge following a near diagonal across your shot.
The details of the water give a good impression of movement and, therefore, certainly interesting.
Although the colours are subdued, they are perfect for the time of year and help to portray the moorland atmosphere.

Kind regards,
Bev :-)
p.s. Have you ever been to Wycoller. There is an old clapper bridge there which is amazing.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Royaldevon: Wycoller?

Hello Bev,

Many thanks for your comments, they are always appreciated.
[I tried to send this message last night but I couldn't get it to go!]

Yes, I have been to Wycoller, but it was over 30 years ago now.I cannot remember a clapper bridge but I do remember the packhorse bridge.
Has it become more publicised and more of a tourist destination? I remember it as a quiet place with very few people.
I come from West Yorkshire originally and still have family there,but you know how it is,when you are visiting you never have time to go off on little trips.

We are enjoying living in a different place.I can recommend it,lots of new places to explore.
Have a good day, best wishes
Jean.