Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great maurajn 2005-03-05 16:53

I really appreciate your time in writing this note, living on Baffin Island, container ships are a big part of our reality here! Although they are probably the 'baby ships', not these super-size vessels. I really like how you have featured these two photos in comparative framing, and you have excellent clarity. Obviously the lighting was different between the two shots.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:39 PM
TE Newbie

Default To maurajn: re containers

Hi Northerner
Thanks for your comments on my container ship contribution. I've been to Baffin only once, briefly in the middle of winter to do a medical blitz in the hospital (I'm a neurologist and the time lived in Montreal). My daughter spent 5 weeks there during her pediatric residency and loved it. Sounds from your bio that you are a doc or a nurse.
Have enjoyed looking through your portfolio. How about adding some blizzards? Probably hard to photograph.
Cheers,
John
Old 03-06-2005, 05:56 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To maurajn: re containers

Hi John, Dentist actually... I did the 'travelling dental show' for 4 x 5 week tours, one in the Kitikmeot and 3 in the high arctic. Now I live and work in Iqaluit. This is a private clinic, nothing to do with BHSS. I'll see if I can do a comparison like you did with the containers of blizzard vs non-blizzard. Without that it wouldn't make much sense to people, as they don't know what they aren't seeing and have no sense of perspective.