Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great maurajn 2005-03-14 20:00

Oooooo. Very sweet photo. Most excellent texture to the dunes in a subtle beige, and the different texture of the moutain range behind. That air is very clear. What is the temperature there right now? Just trying to decide if I can handle the lower elevations next week or need to stay higher when I head down there on vacation. Is this Death Valley area?

Old 03-15-2005, 03:42 AM
TE Newbie

Default To maurajn: Temps

Maura,
These dunes are about 170mi south of Death Valley, in south-east Califonia, between Twentynine Palms and Needles, a pretty remote and seldom traveled part of the desert.
The temperature was very comfortable, around 80F max. Death Valley is probably about the same. That could vary +/7F depending on the weather systems that come in, but probably not much more than that.
Are you going to Death Valley? I love that place and usually go once a year.
David
Old 03-15-2005, 04:02 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To maurajn: Temps

We are considering Death Valley, amongst other places accessible by car from Vegas, and campable. Specifics of any treasure would be most appreciated! Maura