Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2014-09-07 22:27

Hi Angshu
love viewing your photos from India, they're always so inspiring.

India seems to have never ending beauty up in the Northern areas, so mountainous with stunning landscapes.

exactly what we see here too.

a fine horizontally layered photo of varying colors!
beauty!

PS
My girlfriend and I will be traveling to India in Feb/March
2015. We're going to book our flight sometime this week.
We want to be in India for sure for the HOLI festival March 6th. I'll keep you posted
cheers
craig

Old 09-08-2014, 06:33 AM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: India 2015

Great news...
Wher do you plan to be during Holi?
I can suggest a place called Bersana...but you have to be VERY careful with your camera (from being damaged by colour)...but photographically its a lifetime experience...hordes of photographers converge to this place during Holi & the number keeps increasing every year.
Else any place is wonderful as well during Holi...
Where all do you plan to visit broadly....if you require suggestions, would be happy to help
Old 09-09-2014, 02:39 AM
TE Expert

Hi Craig
Strange I cannot see this msg in TE...
Barsana is indeed VERY famous for Holi, being located in Vrindavan, the place where Hindu God Lord Krishna grew up & played Holi (hence the festival)...I do not know what type of coverings would work but you can imagine what would be the aftermath (you can see the camera in the plastic bag)

But Holi is played with fervor in all places...Delhi, Varanasi, Jaipur, Jodhpur included...

You are pretty much covering the tourist circuit. I would strongly recommend Bundi in Rajasthan (I had told Andre - inasiajones before who visited this off-the-tourist-circuit place....but that depends on your time as well

I am not awrae of Red Chilli harvest festival, and I doubt if there's any festival like that! Chilli is never harvested :-) Of course you see plenty of red chillies in Rajasthan...you can see chillies being dried in outskirts of most villages in Dec & Jan in Rajasthan...I had seen some pictures from Mathania near Jodhpur for example

As for Salt flats, they are located in the western state of Gujarat, place called Rann of Kutch. There are small villages around, where there are resorts

http://kutchrannresort.com/
http://www.theroyalsafaricamp.com/
http://www.rannriders.com/

Just a word of caution...in March especially in North India & Gujarat+Rajasthan, it might start to become hot (for you at least :-))

Do let me know for any questions or clarifications :-)