Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2014-09-16 4:15

Hello Angshuman,
Although I've never been to Samarkand, or anywhere else in Uzbekistan, I think I could fairly well imagine the smell and taste of this bread. It couldn't be entirely different to the wonderful bread I have tasted in Iran and Afghanistan, or for that matter India. The aroma can make it a pleasure just to walk by the bakery. This is a lovely photo of the saleswoman and her tasty looking nons. The light is so nicely concentrated in the foreground that I almost overlook the rather dull interior of the market. The boy leaning inside the frame to the right is slightly disturbing and could perhaps have been left out of the composition. For the balance even those to the left could have been cropped. But this is not a major criticism, just a marginal suggestion.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 09-16-2014, 11:29 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: To crop or not to crop

Thanks a lot for your comments and critique Gert...as always appreciated!
I appreciate your suggestions even more since they are coming from you, a fine exponent of street photography in this site.

It was not that I did not think about cropping the boy on the right... I was caught in two minds really and finally went with the notion (I could be wrong) that street shots should not be cropped & hence I ended up not doing so.

As for the left side...the subtle light was falling nicely on the boy's face, and he was not disturbing the main compo that miuch...so I actually never thought of cropping him out.

It would be worthwhile for me to do a double crop as you suggested & see how this picture looks

Best Regards
Angshu