Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2016-09-22 0:12

Hello Roger,
I wouldn't like to go for such a cruise, I prefer going by buses or trains. Maybe nice to stay in the same "hotel" but You can go rather only to the places near the sea and probably not enough time to see all. But there are people who like it :). Nice picture from Amsterdam, probably made from the bus window, it is lacking sharpness a bit.
Warm regrad s MAlgo

Old 09-22-2016, 11:22 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To emka: re Your comment

For years we flew to Europe and rented an auto in Frankfurt, Munich or Zurich. We spent five or six weeks over there and generally stayed in the same hotels or gasthaus etc each time we went. We did that after I retired from the University in 1990, some 26 year ago. Now as we are both approaching 90, walking the cobblestones does not have that much appeal, driving the autobahns at 130 KMPH is more dangerous and when we travel, we have lots of luggage. Now does that answer your comment about traveling by bus or train. For our cruises, we will likely pay as much for 15 days as we spentdid before for 5 weeks, but the alternative would be to stay at home.

I am sorry about the sharpness. I generally eyeball my photos before posting, but it is obvious, that I didn't with that one. I have redone the photo and it is a bit better, however I think some of that may be just out of focus due to the movement of the bus and the people. For me, I would rather have the picture to view than not have taken it at all. Warmest Regards. Roger