To holmertz: The wires are everywhere - thanks - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-08-02 2:28

Hello David,
Wires usually spoil photos, but there are times like this when they actually make the photo. Most often we see these scenes in Asia. I could probably post a series of similar photos. I have already posted two or three. I think many of these wires are probably illegal private connections made by people to get electricity for free. It's a great idea to take a photo like this.
Regards,
Gert

Old 08-06-2019, 05:43 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To holmertz: The wires are everywhere - thanks

Thank you for your support.

I try and want to be a good photographer. I try to be an artist with some technical competence, but also offer life pictures with stories to tell or places interesting and beautiful to see and feel. I am mixed about posting a photo because I like the content or feeling or post one that has a good point of view or color or sharpness or cropping. Sometimes both. It takes work to present an offering to the TE community, research about a place, event, history, and dozens of other issues of interest. It is then a blessing when people like you respond with kind words and support.

I myself need to make more an effort to actually review others postings and go back through time and applaud submissions from years ago as worthy of praise today - not just focus on the past 12 hour of entries. This also takes time and hours spent on TE. There are now hundreds of thousands of good entries. I often critique photos I simply like, I see the painter with a camera canvas, I love the story emotional appeal. My all your photos bring a moment of your life alive to others. May the content of TE be preserved as positive testimony to mans presence on Earth.

Dr. David Thomas, Prof. Asian Studies, Artist (www.chan-art.com)