Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kent_s 2005-04-05 8:38

A great shot of old G飆et Stef. However I have to add some of the history about us Swedes. Your right that Denmark was an enemy in that time but far from the most dangerous one. King Gustav II Adolf Died on Nov 6 1632 the foggy morning at the battle in Ltzen. That ended the thirty year war. At the time Sweden have occupied more than half of europe north of the alps.

The shot has a wonderful reflections in the water. The compo with the old lamppost in centre as a silhoutte is just wonderful

Well done as usual Stef

Old 04-05-2005, 03:44 PM
TE Expert

Default To kent_s: Thanks, I will change the note

Thanks for your comment and corrections. I thought that Denmark was a very big enemy at that time, because both Sweden and Denmark wanted to have all the power in the north, but I will change it in the note.

Regards,
Stef
Old 04-05-2005, 04:18 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To kent_s: Thanks, I will change the note

At just that time Sweden was kinda superior to Denmark. Otherwise DK has been the secon most common enemy to sweden throughout the history. Russia has always been the biggest one. Also Poland and Sweden have been "arguing" Not to meantion all those small popes that today is Germany. I.ex. The Habsburger sometimes fought agains Sweden and sometimes arranged a peacful marriage.

Have a great day
Old 04-05-2005, 04:32 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To kent_s: Thanks, I will change the note

Thanks, you too!