Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-12-2005, 07:28 AM
TE Junior Member

Default a camera for macro in dentistry

A friend of mine needs a good digital camera (not a reflex) for dentistry macrophotography. Could you suggest anything?
Thank's
Gae
Old 04-12-2005, 02:08 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: a camera for macro in dentistry

hello Gae,
Special for the macro shots I have bought the canon powershot pro 1. The results seems to me very good.
gr. Jaap
Old 04-12-2005, 05:30 PM
TE Senior Member

Ciao Gae,
con il mio dentista ho fatto alcune prove, e lui andato anche a una demo della Nikon (tentavano di vendergli un kit piuttosto costoso) ma non rimasto soddisfatto: il problema sono le ombre, e infatti tornato ad usare la sua Pentax con 100 macro e flash anulare (che da solo costa un sacco).
Quindi credo che con le compatte si vada male per questo aspetto, anche giocando sulla sensibilit.
Io gli ho proposto un link diretto con la fotocamera e un pc (esistono vari sw, io uso una utility di Breeze Browser) per visionare direttamente il monitor prima di congelare l'immagine... dobbiamo ancora provare!
Giorgio
Old 04-20-2005, 07:16 PM
TE Senior Member

My dentist uses a system built for this purpose. The camera looks like a pen and is connected to a computer. The images are directly stored in my record on their computer along with my dental history. The fact that he can stick the lense inside the mouth makes it better, I think, than trying to do this with a traditional camera.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:14 AM
TE Newbie

What the last one said... I'm a dentist and if it is for inside the mouth, get the tool made for the job, a dental digital intraoral camera. If he wants to take head and neck shots, or smile only shots, any camera will do, as long as the focus will come in close enough. If it is for patient files, they don't even have to be all that many megapixels. But if for powerpoint or other public presentations, more megapixels would be better. In the dental operatory, you can always use the overhead light as a second light source to reduce shadows.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Thank's to everybody.
Gae