Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great RGatward 2005-11-11 14:38

Welcome to TE Michal. Such a characteristic view of small town Central Europe. In fact this place looks really more Hungarian in style than Slovak, which I think it once was.

Old 11-11-2005, 10:12 PM
TE Newbie

Default To RGatward: Hungarian or Slovak

RGatward - I wonder how you concluded that this house is more Hungarian style than Slovak and that Roznava once was in Hungary... Funny
Old 11-11-2005, 10:47 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To RGatward: Hungarian or Slovak

Yes you have right, baroque style is typical mainly for Hungary. Gothic and romanesque for Slovakia and Czech Rep. and Roznava lies near Hungary so there is big influence...
Old 11-11-2005, 11:50 PM
TE Newbie

i dont think so. most of slovak curches are baroque, only some of them are gothic and a very few are romanesque..and even if they have gothic or romanesque origin, they were usually rebulit in baroque style.
this kind of baroque church and houses which we can see in this pic isnt typical only for slovakia and hungary, but also for moravia, which has never been a part of hungary...
Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 PM
TE Senior Member

Martin baroko je typicke predovsetkym pre juh Slovenska, aj ked to neplati bez vynimky a pre sever predovsetkym gotika...napriklad Spis je plny gotickych stavieb, to iste aj Saris
Old 11-12-2005, 04:10 PM
TE Newbie

juh + zapad + vacsina kostolov postavenych v predoslich obdobiach bola prestavana v oddobi baroka...ale gotika na spisi je nieco uplne ine