Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-20-2007, 12:02 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Russia in Asia????

It was very funny to read about me as a racist. It's very funny to read about Russian as racist nation at all. We are multinational country. I suppose there is no any other county in the world where so many nationalities live together united by the same language and culture. I myself have Ukrainian-Kirghiz roots.
I don't understand why some people here began to call me racist and bigot only because I expressed my thoughts about strange division on this site. Maybe it's YOU who are racist and bigot distinguished people only by colour of their skin???
Old 03-20-2007, 02:21 AM
TE Expert

we dont usually use swear words when we express innocent thoughts.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:43 AM
TE Senior Member

living in a mutlinational country that has assimilated all people so there is only 1 culture is nothing to boast about... it is actually quite shameful and sad. Even still, a Kyrgyz or Tajik or Azeri living in Russia might speak Russian, but they are still discriminated against and not seen as Russian.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:21 AM
TE Newbie

Narayan, I've just read what you wrote about former Soviet republics and contemporary relationship of them with modern Russia (your comments to your photos). You are staggered me - I don't understand how a person who travels so much can be so narrow-minded. You are a blind victim of propaganda and what is the worst you sincerely believe in all you wrote.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:24 AM
TE Newbie

Sorry for my English but as a Russian proverb says "one understands everything to the extent of one's rottenness".
Old 03-21-2007, 05:56 AM
TE Senior Member

Am I narrow minded because you don't agree with me? What propaganda am I being led by?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:34 AM
TE Junior Member

Daria

You don't make any sense.

Best Regards
Prantik
Old 03-21-2007, 07:49 AM
TE Newbie

Don't agree about what??? That "white Russians" exploit other nationalities as you wrote??? That only "white Russians" have chance for education??? That former republics live in poverty because of Russia??? What ravings!!! How old are you? I can explain it only by washbrains of Cold War period propaganda. Or that you are narrow minded. Nothing more.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:54 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Daria,

sometimes it pays off to search for older posts on the TE forum to find answers...unless, like in this particular case, you do prefer to receive courageous replies from some inspired users...
the way Russia has been linked on TE, however strange it may appear, does not really challenge the fact that Asia is a big & beautiful continent which could easily do without Russia;-)...

cheers,
arturo
Old 03-21-2007, 10:36 PM
TE Senior Member

Now now now, Daria, just because all these people are accusing you of being racist doesn't mean you have to lash out :)

I challenge you to find where I say that "white russians" (a phrase I have never said except for ordering drinks at a bar) have no chance for education. I want to know where I have said these specific things.