Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 07:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Default "That's all Folks.....!!!"

Just a quick note to say "Goodbye".

Sadly, as much as I'd like to devote more time to my photography, it just isn't happening. I set up my own website earlier this year and I've really struggled to keep it moving forward, as well as posting and critiquing on Trek sites.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I hate doing things by halves. Therefore, if I can't contribute in a way I believe is worthwhile, I'd rather bow out gracefully so that I can concentrate on other projects I have in mind.

I haven't deleted my account as I don't want to lose the comments, critiques and help you've offered in my time here. Nor am I ruling out making a return visit someday in the years ahead.

So, rather than stumble along in the way I have over the past 6 months or so, I will bid you all the very best for the future.

Paul.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:14 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: "That's all Folks.....!!!"

You'll be back!

And even if you're not back, when you're three parts bored of a winter's evening, you'll sculk around the site taking a little peep here and there to see what's going on - unable to comment because you've made the big announcement that you've left.

It's all in my book "How to create physchological dilemmas where none exist" 6.99 in all good bookshops - only the good ones!

If I were you, maybe I am you, I'd just not look, not post and not comment until such time as you want to look, post or comment. Maybe that's just too simple.

I demand some angst - some dread, some guilt, some promise to go back on!!!

Apart from which

My very best regards.

Colin
Old 09-13-2008, 08:20 PM
TE Junior Member

Ha Ha Ha.......! Very funny, Colin!

No angst from me, mate. Yes, I might have a peep through the curtains occasionally and I won't rule out making a return one day. However, I just feel that I'm spreading myself too thin and that my images are too 'random'.

I need a project and something to get my teeth into that I can post on my website. At the end of the day, I pay for the damned thing!

6.99 you say? I must check it out.......

Just going to have one last look at the gallery and I'm off.

Best wishes, Paul.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:00 AM

Well, at least you're doing it the smart way. Good luck with your endeavours!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:25 AM
TE Senior Member

Default :)

Paul,

. . . I've read you're message now so many times :( . . . I hope you'll be back . . . thanks for your constructive comments on TE :) . . .
best of luck,
David
Old 09-14-2008, 12:56 PM

I imagine that by the time Trekearth allows me to upload this reply, you'll have forgotten it ever existed. I've been staring at the egg timer for half an hour or so, and it's been spasmodic all day. I thought your reason was going to be the dreadful reponsiveness of this once-delightful site. It's such a dog now it won't be surprising to see many more people leave.
Anyway, I'm sorry to see you go. But I hope you get some work done on your own website and keep open the option of coming back here some time.
All the best!
Regards,
Andrew
Old 09-14-2008, 01:07 PM

I imagine that by the time Trekearth allows me to upload this reply, you'll have forgotten it ever existed. I've been staring at the egg timer for half an hour or so, and it's been spasmodic all day. I thought your reason was going to be the dreadful reponsiveness of this once-delightful site. It's such a dog now it won't be surprising to see many more people leave.
Anyway, I'm sorry to see you go. But I hope you get some work done on your own website and keep open the option of coming back here some time.
All the best!
Regards,
Andrew
Old 09-14-2008, 01:43 PM
TE Junior Member

Cheers to one and all. I've just been listening to one of my 'Rush' CDs and one of the tracks sort of sums up where I am right now. One of the verses goes:

"Too many hands on my time,
Too many feelings,
Too many things on my my mind.
And when I leave, I don't know what I'm hoping to find.
And when I leave, I don't know what I'm leaving behind...."

I will pop by occasionally to say 'hello' and see what's new and, if time permits, I'd be delighted to be able to return - but only if I can do the place justice.

Best wishes,

Paul.

PS - I really hope the site owners get the site(s) sorted as getting onto TE and TL has been a complete pain in the @r$e for some time......
Old 09-14-2008, 02:49 PM
TE Expert

bye bye Paul
see you soon
Old 09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
TE Expert

" Having looked at the work on Photoholik, I don't think it's "better" than TE nor do I believe the photographers on Photoholik are, by definition, "better" than those on TE. Some might be, others aren't. Let's be clear, most of the Photoholik membership was / still is made up of TE members.

However, all that aside, you have - in an instant - just made my mind up to never, ever, ever want to join Photoholik. Thank you for that much, at least.

Paul. "

:-))))))))