Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great prezntime 2007-02-26 21:40

Hello Murad...
A fine quality photograph...but, if you don't mind my frankness, it lacks punch. Could be the distance from the subject...then you would lose some of that background detail...but, is that important? The shy gazes, the empty words as ones mind contemplates new love...this is what is important. So how do you add some interest here. Well, the shot is too centered for this distance...seems mechanical, not like passion at all. So, either you get closer...or give an interesting angle. Maybe showing his profile as she turns slightly away. Or...maybe getting close and lowering down to shoot up at them. You have options here.
Now, I know everything I've said is easier said then done...but I figured I'd give you some ideas.
The spires behind add a fairy-tale touch, I think getting closer and lower while still capturing the spires in the background would have been your best bet.

You can tell me to shoo off now!
:)
Chris.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:44 PM
TE Newbie

Default To prezntime: Hi Chris

Thank you for your kind efforts and frankness for such a detailed comment.
You may be right, the punch lacks.
Sometimes, or maybe almost always, I take much care and time for the graphical side of the composition.For me the balance of composition is important. I would maybe get closer but I instinctively wanted to balance the long lines of the tower with the vertical lines of the bodies.
For me it's quite a good composition. I am a little bit sad about the lacking impressiveness.Anyway, I can't change it any more.
Thanks again and best wishes from Vienna.
Murad