Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-06-2005, 03:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Cloning workshop

Maura, It took be a few seconds looking for the change before I realized the cloning out that you did. And it looks great. I'd have never thought to do it since it was the real doorway into the courtyard that she walked through a couple of seconds later.

But it reality, this is what it would look like if the door had been close and it looks a whole lot better. I'd never been able to burn the incoming light from that door to my satisfaction. Never even occurred to me to close the darn thing. Must have been some tricky cloning to re-create that lattice work though. You did an excellent job, thank you.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:35 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Cloning workshop

Actually it just took me about 3 or 4 minutes, but you do need to get a feel for where to put your clone marker and how to run the clone creator over the flaw... but having done it a few times, it wasn't too bad. If it were a photo I wanted to print or look at closely I would have spent more time with it to make it perfect. Cloning is a fantastic tool for those imperfections in our photographic world, whatever software you use, see if you have it (I have it both ArcSoft and PSE), practice it with wires on sky or buildings and take it from there. I had never done ANY photo editing until late February of this year.