Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-12-2007, 12:31 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Point Hunter

The point sysstem might be the hootest topic(according to many), but the point is , How do I recognise a point hunter. Can someone , who gives a good comment about a post of mine which I too feel is good( I may be entirely wrong to think so!!),be brandedas apoint hunter. Just wanted to know how do you guys really find them!!??
Old 10-12-2007, 03:22 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Point Hunter

It's not so easy, Sagar to recognize a point-hunter. Here are a few tips that may help you.

1/ The point-hunter is probably some kind of a monster. He (or she) probably looks very ugly with big teeth, hairy ears and spots on the face but it's difficult to say because nobody have ever really seen one, except the point-hunter hunters.

2/ So to identify a point-hunter, I would first try to find a point-hunter hunter who might be able to help. Indeed, it's much easier because point-hunter hunters can usually be localized on this forum. How to recognize them? Just open the threads dedicated to points or to critiques and identify people who complain endlessly that they don't get the attention they deserve because of this point system, because of the bad weather and because, you know, life is so unfair! Usually, those guys are point-hunter hunters! Neverteheless, be careful, because sometimes they use other threads to hunt. So you may find them elsewhere: in discussions about the success of a TE member, answering to people who had one picture deleted, or even in threads which have nothing to do with photography. In facts, point-hunter hunters are so brilliant that they can have opinions about so many different subject!

3/ Now that's ok, you have found a point-hunter hunter? So go to his gallery and let a critique with some points (the more points will be the best). Indeed, point-hunter hunters don't like point-hunters but they do like points very much, so if you want to get them in a good mood...
Once that's done, you can explain that you're new on the site and that you are afraid to be the victim of a point-hunter. I'm sure you'll get much sympathy by this simple sentence and that the point-hunter hunter will help you and give you informations.

4/ So you had your informations, now use them wisely. Maybe, after a bit of practise, you will be able to easilly recognize point-hunters and you might even become a point-hunter hunter. At this early stage, you will get a lot of recognition, receive a lot of critiques and smileys from other point-hunter hunters, and finally become friend with some point-hunter hunters. The problem at this stage is that you may realize that your interests for other things will reduce progressively and that your main focus (which could even become your only focus) becomes point-hunter hunting. Right after this stage you will probably have stopped posting pictures and critiques, and will only open TE to go directly to the forum. Be careful, it happens more quickly that one could expect!

So are you ready for point-hunter hunting?

But in the end, just think that, maybe point-hunters don't really exist or they are so rare on TE that they should be protected rather than hunted...

And most of all, don't take all of that too seriously!
;o)

Kind regards.

LB (point-hunter hunter hunter?)
Old 10-12-2007, 03:48 PM
TE Senior Member

Brilliant LB - one of the funniest things I've read on this forum for a long time! Who said the French don't have a sense of humour?

Point-hunter hunter hunter hunter hunters indeed - it's scary out there...

Sagarneel - if you're lucky enough to flush out some point hunters, just give them the 1 or 0 point smiley. That'll teach them...

Good luck,
Ben
Old 10-12-2007, 03:58 PM
TE Expert

Excellent Lo騃!
Thanks for this great moment... what a good way to start the week-end!
;o))
Old 10-12-2007, 04:00 PM
TE Senior Member

"Who said the French don't have a sense of humour?"

Sincerely, Ben, I don't know... Maybe a French who didn't have a sense of humour?

Have a nice week-end.

Cheers.

Lo騃.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:01 PM
TE Expert

You can also tell 'em what's the quality of their photos (that is if you dare to look at those photos, and if you are before breakfest !
The 'vomit airplane bag' may be handy in those circumstances, nevertheless).

Good luck with hunting point hunters.
Seemeingly, they are everywhere, yet...(???)
Old 10-12-2007, 04:03 PM
TE Senior Member

Ha ha, maybe!

Good luck tomorrow Loic - you'll need it... Vives les Rosbifs!

Cheers,
Ben
Old 10-12-2007, 04:29 PM
TE Expert

wowww...Voice of experience? :-)))
Old 10-12-2007, 04:33 PM
TE Senior Member

C'est tout bon lo騃 !
Old 10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
TE Senior Member