To Angshu: Nagina Cenotaph - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 03:30 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Angshu: Nagina Cenotaph

1. Let me make a couple of comments about your photograph.
2. On the positive side, I do like to see people in a photo that is not primarily a people picture. When we are dealing with archaeology, the people thing suggests and indeed reinforces the notion of the continuity of architecture, and its role within our social system.
3. On the negative side, and indeed I may not be fair, the young man sitting on the lip of the cenotaph with his goats felt somehow contrived. I could not come up with a linkage for his presence at the cenotaph, as he was not certainly sitting in the shade, or such.
4. I shall shortly upload a "people" photo from Kevda that was indeed serendipitous for me, and for you indeed, and the link between the people and the mosque may be clearer.
5. After returning to Ahmadabad later the same day, on the morrow I headed out for three places: (1) Dada Harir ni vav, mosque, and tomb; (2) Adalaj Vav; and (3) Dinosaur and Fossil Park in Gandhinagar. I know you have uploaded from Adalaj - again with people. Stay tuned, please, and watch me make a mess of it all.

Ken