Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jwmunro 2006-08-09 13:29

Good morning Oli -

Nice image I really like the rainbow from the mist. The two dead trees on the left do not enhance the image.

Is this fall the one where you have to negotiate 4 or 5 180-degree switchbacks to get too?

Thanks for sharing

Old 08-15-2006, 05:23 AM
TE Newbie

Default To alana: Yup, Sigma

It was a tough decision, because for just a bit more I could get the Nikon. What finally persuaded me was the fact that I own an 18-55, so the 12-17 range didn't give me quite as much versatility as the 10-17 range I could get out of the Sigma.

Yes, I've ordered a couple 77mms. Do you find youi need the thin ones? (Because I just ordered regular, 'cause the thin were twice the price. But I also bought a couple step downs to 62 and 52mm for my other lenses, though the 52mm are so cheap by comparison...).

Mike
Old 08-15-2006, 06:45 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: for Mike

Hey, Mike
I can not say anything about Nikon lens, but 2 months ago, when I was thinking what to buy, Nikon lens was twice(!!!) as much more expensive than Sigma... Sigma will give you a very wide angle, but also very often you'll get a huge destortion... I bought it because I love destortions. What about you? About filters, it's hard to suggest anything, it depends, what you are going to photograph, for my mostly cityscapes I just needed UV and circular polirizer. Looks like the best is Hoya...