Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great batalay 2010-09-14 12:54

Merhaba Val廨ie,

This image with a pair of focal points makes a wonderful panorama. The composition is excellent, as are your photos. The quality suggests that you are using your own camera again, rather than borrowing others'. I know that we were within a few score kilometers, when you were about to return to France, and we were getting close to the Dardanelles. I hope, all is well with you an your family,

Sevgi ve selamlar,

Blent

Old 09-14-2010, 09:04 PM
TE Expert

Default To graffer: Thank you, Peter!

Thank you once again for your kind remarks.

I am an assiduous pupil and, every time I edit a picture nowadays, I run the "thirds" grid (which I have added to PSE6 as a plug-in) over it before cropping. I now have no doubt that this does indeed lead to more pleasing compositions. I had, in fact, tried to place the lower left "powerpoint" over the centre of that rotating flywheel, the diagonally opposite one being pretty near the slot in the mill from which the flour was emerging.

The miller's face I selected with the Quick Selection tool and lightened it and increased its contrast a little in Levels.

Yes, such rallies as this do indeed provide some good camera fodder but the vehicles/displays do tend to be too close to each other and you have to jostle with other spectators too. I think close-ups might be the answer in many cases. I have put some other pictures on here and on TL recently but they're not very startling: I did, of course, use the "thirds" grid on them too! Incidentally, I haven't seen you on TL of late: in fact, not since you posted that lovely picture of a yellow Austin Seven Top Hat saloon for me!

One advantage of taking your own old car to a rally like this (as I did this year) is that you can arrive before the crowds and sometimes manage to get some shots while it's still fairly quiet. A second advantage, especially if you take some friends in the car with you (I took three) is that you get in for nothing, friends and all, and no car-parking fees either! Third advantage is that if it rains, you can climb in the car while others have to dash a few hundred yards to the car park.

Kind Regards,

John.