Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2020-09-17 9:39

Hello Paul,
I will add this to my favourites, not because of the dedication but because it's such a nice and well taken photo. But thanks for the dedication anyway. I probably go to Kastellholmen on an average once every five years, so I had to do some research about this building. It's called Skridskopaviljongen (Skating Pavilion), and was built in the 1880's for members of upper class skating and sailing societies. Now it's a restaurant and hosts conferences.
But it's of course the hurried crowd of geese that makes me like this. And the warm light, And the contrasts of red and green.
Uppland was the right choice. Of the central areas it's basically just S鐰ermalm and a couple of small islands that are part of S鐰ermanland. Strictly officially also the southern blocks of Gamla stan, but nobody cares about them.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 09-17-2020, 04:48 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Gamla Stan on TE

Thank you Gert,

I remember there was something strange (= difficult for foreigners) about the classification of urban districts of Stockholm.
I forgot it had to do with Gamla Stan.
But since every foreign visitor of Stockholm goes to the old town and takes pictures there, Gamla Stan becomes the difficulty in classifying the pictures on this site.

All the best !
Paul