Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2022-01-05 9:37

Hi Paul,
It pays off to be prepared. I would probably miss these interesting details. In the workshop it seems there were even more of them. I wonder what sort of temple it is or rather what type of rituals they are performing there... Did you attend any of the events in there yourself? :)
M

Old 01-05-2022, 06:17 PM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: How not to miss interesting details

Thank you Mariusz,

I'm not sure I understood your question well.

In Hampi the most popular and largest festival is 'Hampi Utsav' (also known as Vijaya Utsav).
This festival is celebrated from the Vijayanagar reign and has become an integral part of life of the people.
It is held during the first week of November, for 3 days.

And every year in the month of February the annual chariot festival is celebrated. Those chariots are used to carry representations of Hindu gods. They're normally only used on festival days when many people pull the cart.

I wasn't at any of these festivals in Hampi or elsewhere in India.

If you fear that you will miss important sculptures, bas-reliefs or others, it is best to call on a local guide when visiting a temple.
These guides don't charge a lot of money and at the same time they can answer any other questions you may have.

I had the impression that these guides are eager to point out the erotic scenes to foreign visitors
I remember asking my guide how Indian ladies react to these scenes and the answer was that less young Indian ladies cover their eyes when he points out such a bas-relief

Kind regards,
Paul