Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2022-01-08 0:41

Hello Paul,
What, have you already finished with North Macedonia? ;-)
This actually looks much nicer than anything you showed from that country. If I would find a place like this in Sweden I would know that people living there were very rich or in some other way very privileged. This is also a very good composition with the diagonal, the church at the far side and the lawn with chairs and tables as a large mainly green triangle contrasting with the white fa蓷des and blue sky. The person sitting there is like "the dot above the i" (= cherry on the cake).
Best regards,
Gert

Old 01-08-2022, 11:25 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Not yet ended

Thank you Gert,

In 1990, the beguinage of Diksmuide became the property of a non-profit organisation (organisation 'vzw De Lovie'), a center for counseling for people with intellectual disabilities.
Since then, the beguinage houses twenty adult men and women with intellectual disabilities which is considered to be a good contemporary function in line with its age-old destination.

In Belgium people with a lot of money opt for houses with a lot more space inside and around their house, I think.
It would be more alternative people who want to live in that kind of housing.

I confess I have no idea how the residents were selected. The ability to live independently will have been a requirement of course.

Since this beguinage is very small, these are my only pictures.
I'm sorry but you will have to make do with more photos of North Macedonia
I still have a lot of pictures of that country.
However, I'm slowly dreaming of starting a new series.

Maybe I select too often based on what I find interesting and maybe too little based on photo quality ...

Kind regards,
Paul