Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-05-2021, 09:25 AM

Default Copy & paste note not acceptable.

There have been a few instances recently where we have removed images because the accompanying note has been entirely copied and pasted from another source.
Notes should be mainly those of the photographer, and additional informatin about the location added after, ideally as a link.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:45 PM
TE Expert

For us, users of this site, the neglect of the IB is also not acceptable...

I don't know what the purpose of being concerned with this question of "notes" ... so much more important things here doesn't work and we don't even have answers.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:01 PM

lucas, IB are responsible for the functionality, or not, of the site and we Mods can't control that. We try to keep the images and information posted on the site in accordance with the Terms of Service (TOS).
Old 03-22-2021, 05:49 PM
TE Newbie

Default copy and paste

Hello Keith!
"Copy & paste note not acceptable."
We try to keep the images and information posted on the site in accordance with the Terms of Service (TOS).

I agree with you, but what do you do about it?
In the forum there are some contributions from you and Porteblume on the subject of copy and paste notes.
I have a couple of questions:
Could you please define what is a copy and paste large sections of text from other sites?
And what is a short passage?
Can you count to 40? "All photos must contain a note of a minimum of 40 characters in order to be uploaded." in the member's own words.
How many photos and notes do you look at? It's only 20-30 a day.
Every week I see several photos of the same members, whose notes do not match the TOS. I'll give you an example: an original note, written last week. Is that long or short?
Are there own words, more than 40 letters?

Baron Samuel von Brukenthal (1721-1803) was the only exponent of the Saxon community of Transylvania who was assigned important public positions in the Austrian state led by Empress Maria Teresa (1717-1780), the first position being that of Chancellor of the Court. from Transylvania.

The period he spent in Vienna as such coincides with the period of creation of his collection of paintings, mentioned in 1773 in the Vienna Almanac as one of the most valuable private collections that could be admired in the Viennese cultural environment of the time.

The original collections of Baron von Brukenthal (consisting of an art gallery, a printing press, a library and a numismatic collection) were born mainly between 1759 and 1774. Little is known about its constitution, the first records of acquisitions of paintings from the documents of the Brukenthal family appeared in 1770, when the nucleus of the art gallery should already be formed.

Appointed Governor of the Grand Principality of Transylvania, a position he held between 1777 and 1787, Samuel von Brukenthal built a late Baroque palace in Sibiu, modeled after the Viennese palaces.

Sibiu's National Brukenthal Museum is based in the city's main square, the Piata Mare, in the former palace of Samuel Von Brukenthal. The collections were exposed to the public in 1817, that is to say, it is the oldest private foundation in the country. It is a set of six museums, located everywhere in Sibiu. The art galleries are inside the Brukenthal palace, and you can admire more than 1,200 paintings and sculptures by the great European masters.

They date from the 15th to 18th centuries. The palace also houses the library with 300,000 documents, some of which are very valuable. The other museums are the history museum and the pharmacology museum, installed in the oldest pharmacy in the city.

---------------------------------------------

El bar鏮 Samuel von Brukenthal (1721-1803) fue el nico exponente de la comunidad sajona de Transilvania a quien se le asignaron importantes cargos pblicos en el estado austriaco dirigido por la emperatriz Mar燰 Teresa (1717-1780), siendo el primer cargo el de canciller de la corte. de Transilvania.

El per甐do que pas en Viena como tal coincide con el per甐do de creaci鏮 de su colecci鏮 de pinturas, mencionada en 1773 en el Almanaque de Viena como una de las colecciones privadas m嫳 valiosas que podr燰n admirarse en el entorno cultural vienes de la 廧oca.

Las colecciones originales del bar鏮 von Brukenthal (que consisten en una galer燰 de arte, una imprenta, una biblioteca y una colecci鏮 numism嫢ica) nacieron principalmente entre 1759 y 1774. Poco se sabe sobre su constituci鏮, los primeros registros de adquisiciones de pinturas de los documentos de la familia Brukenthal aparecidas en 1770, cuando ya deb燰 estar formado el ncleo de la pinacoteca.

Nombrado gobernador del Gran Principado de Transilvania, cargo que ocup entre 1777 y 1787, Samuel von Brukenthal construy un palacio de estilo barroco tard甐 en Sibiu, siguiendo el modelo de los palacios vieneses.

El museo nacional Brukenthal de Sibiu tiene su sede en la plaza mayor, la Piata Mare de la ciudad, en el antiguo palacio de Samuel Von Brukenthal. Las colecciones fueron expuestas al pblico en 1817, es decir que es la m嫳 antigua fundaci鏮 privada del pa疄. Es un conjunto de seis museos, situados por todos lados en Sibiu. Las galer燰s de arte est嫕 dentro del palacio Brukenthal, y puedes admirar m嫳 de 1200 pinturas y esculturas de los grandes maestros europeos.

Datan del siglo XV a XVIII. En el palacio tambi幯 se encuentra la biblioteca con 300000 documentos, algunos muy valiosos. Los dem嫳 museos son el museo de historia, y el de farmacolog燰, instalado en la m嫳 vieja farmacia de la ciudad

Greetings, Ronny
Old 03-30-2021, 05:35 PM
TE Newbie

Default notes

WOW!!!! That's what I call a moderation team.
7 questions and no answer after 8 days.
Respect for this achievement !!!!!
But no matter, I'm negotiating with IB and from 04.04. Easter Sunday I`ll be the new owner of trekearth. And there will be new rules (TOS).
I bought trekearth for 2 cents.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:40 PM
TE Newbie

Talking 6 month later.....

Hi Keith

Exactly 6 months ago today I asked you a few questions here in the forum.
Nothing happened.
Is that the point of the forum?
Is it the task of moderators to leave questions like this?
Oh yes, just like every day a photo with a long copy and paste note without 40 characters of its own reappeared.
I hope you are doing well, but maybe the internet is so slow on this strange island in the north sea because it is sooooooo far from Europe.
Greetings from the continent,
Ronny