Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great nwoehnl 2006-04-08 21:58

I think that mood-wise it's one of your best recently, Steve. A nice moment shown with the duck floating towards the guy, and with Lincoln Memorial in the back. I would wish for some space between the man and the memorial, but I understand that the sun angle at that very moment wouldn't allow it without shooting smack dab into the light. Hope you're happy with the lens so far - even over here in Japan it's currently out of stock everywhere I looked and asked (Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto).

Old 04-10-2006, 03:43 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To nwoehnl: critique and lens

Hi Norbert,
Thanks for the kind words about my shot. I saw the moment and quickly framed it without much time to think about it. You're right about how more Lincoln Memorial and some separation between my D200 friend and the memorial would help. That's even more reason to go with the main post over the WS I uploaded.

The lens has been great. I've got some decent shots of birds at the full 200mm flying over the Tidal Basin as well as some Billy goats on a farm in the Shenandoah Mountains. I'm thinking about uploading them so people can see how it does at full zoom. Thanks again for stopping by.

Steve
Old 04-10-2006, 12:18 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To nwoehnl: critique and lens

Hi Steve -

another fruitless attempt at the lens today. Yodobashi, a big nationwide Japanese retailer, have a mega-sized store near the train station here at Osaka, even bigger than the one I went to in Tokyo. I saw two dozen D200 boxes on the shelf, but when asking the guy about the 18-200 lens, he said something about "wrong time", "out of stock" and "two months".

Oh well.

Best -
Norbert
Old 04-11-2006, 04:10 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To nwoehnl: critique and lens

Hi Norbert,
You would think it would be the other way around with the supply situation. How many stores would you say you've been in looking for it?

Steve