To LCannon: Aligning Horizons etc - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great LCannon 2006-05-08 8:56

Roger, I love the bright colors of this, it's such a beautiful summer's day. The castlelike building in the background adds to the scene's charm. One of the first things I learned when I started posting here was to always level my horizons, so I've done a workshop for you, I hope you don't mind and enjoy your time here. I look forward to seeing more of your photos in the future.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To LCannon: Aligning Horizons etc

I agree completely with you about the need for straighening. It is one of my pet peeves too. I think when I decided to post the picture, I used too much saturation and ergo that brings some pixelation. I have some "noise" software, but I use it as a last resort as it does ultimately detract from the picture. IMHO. I have scanned some old 35mm slides and they have too much grain and I will try some software to improve on them. Cheers. Edge
Old 05-08-2006, 08:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To LCannon: Aligning Horizons etc

It's funny you should say that crooked horizons are one of your pet peeves, as it's mine also, yet I have posted several photos with crooked horizons, worried more about the composition or focus that I didn't notice until too late. I'm glad you didn't mind my critique, I'm very much an amature of photography but have learned much here by all the critiques good and bad, and doing workshops on photos that start out WAY better than what my little camera can produce. Thanks for your kindness...I look forward to more of your photos of the regata.
Lori